When was the last time a Zelda remake actually included additional in-game-

#1Fierce_Deity777Posted 1/29/2013 8:51:10 AM(edited)
-content?

Added dungeons, for example. The last one I can recall is LttP/FS with it's endgame dungeon. Master Quest a year later.. If you can count that. Though I can't really say OoT3D's MMQ was really anything more than a gameplay option. So that doesn't really count, right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love a new dungeon or two for WWHD, but given the current trend, it seems a little pointless to hope for it :(
---
R - Official Slowpoketail Vendor
Official Mawile of the Pokemon Boards.
#2gameman713Posted 1/29/2013 9:03:38 AM
OoT 3D had Boss rush.

Also, only a few Zeldas have actually gotten remakes. Most are just ports.
#3Hirokey123Posted 1/29/2013 9:33:09 AM
Well OoT was rebuilt from the ground up using but constructed similar in order to intentionally maintain the less destructive glitches while still smoothing out the gameplay. There was massive gameplay interface changes to get rid of the clunky tedium OoT had like with songs or the iron boots. Stone of Agony was replaced with shard of agony which served the same function but worked differently. There were some cutscene alterations like Sheik transforming into Zelda now has a complete and total transformation sequence in it. Master Quest was added in, mirrored, and given double damage. Finally as said they added a boss rush in OoT.

All and all while we may not get new dungeons if they approach WW's remake like they did OoT's then we can probably expect some new content. At the very least they will probably remake the gameplay interface smoother and less time consuming when you want to change wind direction. A boss rush is also probably a safe bet since it's a fun and easy thing to add in. There might be some cutscene alterations like not changing them but rather expanding some things. A new difficulty mode is also likely and there most certainly will be an overhaul to the Tingle Tuner.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#4gameman713Posted 1/29/2013 10:06:34 AM
Hirokey123 posted...
there most certainly will be an overhaul to the Tingle Tuner.

This is what interests me about the remake. I'm curious to know what they'll do with it. I mean they could just take it out entirely, but then those Tingle statue quests, Knuckles, and his figurine would have to be removed as well.

I hope they add more dungeons, but I just doubt that it will happen.
#5chareyPosted 1/29/2013 12:43:12 PM
gameman713 posted...
Hirokey123 posted...
there most certainly will be an overhaul to the Tingle Tuner.

This is what interests me about the remake. I'm curious to know what they'll do with it. I mean they could just take it out entirely, but then those Tingle statue quests, Knuckles, and his figurine would have to be removed as well.

I hope they add more dungeons, but I just doubt that it will happen.

Tingle Tuner will most likely just go to the gamepad.
---
I won't have it! I'm not having anyone talk about me in
the past tense! ~Squall Leonhart
#6ecylisPosted 1/29/2013 12:43:58 PM
When was the last time there was a Zelda remake before OOT3D?
---
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 4470-8076-7033
Not changing this sig until this fad dies out. Started on 8/24/12.
#7gameman713Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:52 PM
ecylis posted...

If you don't count OoT's Master Quest, then Link's Awakening. I think that's it. Keyword *think.
#8Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 1/29/2013 3:07:26 PM
gameman713 posted...
ecylis posted...

If you don't count OoT's Master Quest, then Link's Awakening. I think that's it. Keyword *think.

LttP/FS was as much of a remake as LA:DX (both were pretty much enhanced ports). FS:AE had a great deal of additional content, but it wasn't a remake either.
---
Series that desperately need another game:
LoZ:FS, BoF, Chrono and MM:L (You were so close, my friend!)
#9Dark_LawlPosted 1/29/2013 3:32:31 PM
Only OoT 3D and LA DX come close to being remakes. OoT 3D had updated graphics + 3D and a few new features, LA DX had color (bigger than 3D but less than remade graphics), an entire new dungeon + boss with an additional tunic upgrade, and a few small new features.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#10X2SBPosted 1/31/2013 4:56:29 PM
ecylis posted...

Ocarina of Time is a remake of Link to the Past.

I was joking. If you didn't get that.
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.