spoilers:Contraversal Opinion, the early Zelda games were a lot easier than the

#1SlimeknightPosted 1/29/2013 5:39:59 PM
later ones. I finished the first three Zelda games. I have a hard time with the newer ones. The bosses were easy in Zelda I. They were also fairly short. I haven't got that far in Skyward Sword yet but the first boss takes a while to beat. The first two Zelda games do not take that long to beat.

Zelda II spoiler:
Also, if someone mentions the path to the final palace in Zelda II it is fairly easy with the Zelda spell.
---
What's a more awkward title? Final Fantasy II or the Neverending Story II?
#2ArcvalonsPosted 1/29/2013 5:40:52 PM
It's not really an opinion when it's factually wrong. But ok.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#3Slimeknight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:50:51 PM
Zelda II spoiler again.

Oh sorry... I should say Fairy spell.
---
#4Slimeknight(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 5:52:11 PM
Are you kidding me? The first two bosses In Zelda I could be beaten in less than one minute each.
---
#5Dark_LawlPosted 1/29/2013 6:01:06 PM(edited)
Zelda 1 didn't have the hardest of bosses, but it does have a few of them that make me cringe. However, the overall game of Zelda 1 is far, far, far harder than any of the newer ones. That's saying a lot, because Zelda 1 isn't a hard game either. It's just average difficulty for NES standards.

it isn't about time, it's about damage and risk of death. I've played TP without getting hit by a single enemy -once-. No one believes me, but I'm being 100% serious. It isn't even an accomplishment of worthy bragging rights, it's just that damn easy.

If you find the newer Zelda games harder, it just means you're much, much worse at them than the older games. Really, they're completely different games in my opinion.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#6ArcvalonsPosted 1/29/2013 6:11:25 PM
What he said!

In TWW, literally the most an enemy can damage you for is two hearts, and it's a unique late-game miniboss with a special jump-spinning attack that you can only get hit by if you're an idiot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#7iKhanicPosted 1/29/2013 7:09:26 PM
Uh, I don't think I even remember seeing the gameover screen in WW, and most of the time it happened in TP was due to me doing something stupid.

I started playing Zelda 1 for about 10 minutes, and I lost something like 5 times.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#8MooglePeruPosted 1/29/2013 7:15:34 PM
> Comparing Difficulty
>Using bosses

Because the high-point of Zelda's difficulty are the various Boss Battles. Right.
---
My Backloggery: Only fun games allowed!
http://www.backloggery.com/moogleperu
#9DasDavidPosted 1/29/2013 11:41:32 PM
I think the newer ones are easier for me because I've played enough that I recognize patterns and am kinda used to what types of things I'm supposed to do to beat the game based on previous games. Of course that's only on the puzzle/dungeon front.

As far as combat/damage then yeah, as it's been pointed out TP was a joke (it was insultingly easy on the puzzle front as well) and Zelda I is easily harder than any other I can think of, but i don't know... SS on Hero mode kinda got me some times. Whether it was the controls messing up occasionally or me blaming it on the controls it's eh, still hard for me at times. Wouldn't myself say that new ones are generally harder though.
#10gameman713Posted 1/30/2013 12:11:29 AM
This is just silly. The first Zeldas were far more difficult.

And comparing Bosses is pointless, because in the first Zelda they were only meant to serve as roadblocks to slow you down a bit, not the big show-stopping numbers they are now. That's why the bosses kept reappearing throughout the game (and the Dodongos in triplicate). It's really like comparing apples to oranges.

Also, *controversial