The evil sorcerer Vaati had become caught up in the cycle of Ganondorf the Thief

#1CrystalKing5426Posted 1/31/2013 5:37:44 PM
Will the Light World never be free of the threat of darkness? There may come a time when the land will have need of the Four Sword once again.

Saw this in the FSA section of Hyrule Historia (pg. 121). Seems it's now canon that Vaati is a victim to Demise's curse, so there's still a chance he could come back in a post-FSA game despite being definitively killed.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Official Groudon of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#2SnowBrigadierPosted 1/31/2013 7:18:50 PM
Saw this in the FSA section of Hyrule Historia (pg. 121). Seems it's now canon that Vaati is a victim to Demise's curse, so there's still a chance he could come back in a post-FSA game despite being definitively killed.

I feel that you've misinterpreted that paragraph. It says that Vaati became involved in the cyclic battle between Ganondorf and Link/Zelda in FSA due to him being freed and becoming a pawn of Ganondorf's new incarnation.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#3Hirokey123Posted 1/31/2013 7:55:47 PM
Since we don't know how he came back after her died the last time I doubt death means anything to whether Vaati can return or not.

If we want to get technical Vaati "died" in Minish Cap, all that was left was his evil spirit. Once we destroyed his spirit through his wrath remained a new monsterous being of its own. Though if his later appearances are to be any indication Vaati's wrath has significantly died down and become a fairly tame creature, though his desire for destruction still exists as does his more or less same personality.

I figure this pretty much means Vaati can return again and again because he's already dead, he's just lingering wrath. We could seal him in a sword but that clear has worked "so" well in the past. In essence I think he pretty much exists to be Nintendo's "safe villain". Someone who can be brought back any time without need of an explanation.

I think it's more fun though to believe he's a reincarnation of Ghirahim. Like while demise was able to take life again in the form of Ganondorf the demon Ghirahim was able to take life again as Vaati. Neither are actually those past people they are incarnations of their evil. A master and tool to the bitter end, just they rare exist together. Of course that's just personal head canon but there is no rule against having it.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#4KayubePosted 1/31/2013 8:04:08 PM
There's also the fact that Vaati was only killed in one timeline, he could come back in the others.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#5Hirokey123Posted 1/31/2013 8:10:06 PM
Well I doubt we'll be seeing him in the adult timeline, he was in Hyrule and that's 10,000 leagues under the sea.

He could still appear in the decline timeline though I've got the feeling that timeline will never be touched out of respect for the series original intent.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me