Please provide legitimate proof that the Zoras "evolved" into the Rita.

#1ZBug_Posted 2/1/2013 12:01:44 AM(edited)
Everyone is saying this, but it makes no sense, and I think they're all full of it. Unless you can prove that the Zoras turned into the Rito, then it didnt happen. It makes way more sense to figure that they where all killed.
Edit: topic was meant to read "Rito", obviously.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#2gameman713Posted 2/1/2013 12:18:15 AM(edited)
Laruto, a Zora in WW, states that Link needs to find her descendant in order to pray to the gods to restore the Master Sword. If her descendant is Medli, a Rito, then it follows that all of the Rito have come from the Zoras.

Proof:

"My name is Laruto. I am a Zora sage. For an age, I offered my prayers here in the Earth Temple, praying that the power to repel evil would ever remain within the Master Sword. And yet... unfortunately, due to Ganondorf's evil designs, the Master Sword you hold has lost this power. You must find the one who carries on my bloodline... The one who holds this sacred instrument..."
Laruto

Source: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Laruto
2nd Source: Playing the game

Edit: Aonuma himself also stated it. 'Eiji Aonuma: We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Koroks as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood. {Interview with Eiji Aonuma on Page 29 of Zelda Box (Part 1, Page 26 on the online download)}

Source: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Rito#cite_note-0
Download link: http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=guides#744

So, no. They're not "full of it."
#3Redmage1987Posted 2/1/2013 12:20:37 AM(edited)
Before you begin the Earth Temple, you meet the spirit of a zora who tells you to find her descendent. Her descendent ends up being a Rito, which means Zoras became Ritos.

Which is kind of off considering that Zoras are at home underwater and with the great sea around you'd think you would see a ton of them, lol. Whatever though, I like the Ritos.

EDIT: Do'h! Beat me to it, lol. Typing on the 3DS is slow sometimes.
---
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987
#4Soggy13Posted 2/1/2013 12:43:18 AM
Redmage1987 posted...
Before you begin the Earth Temple, you meet the spirit of a zora who tells you to find her descendent. Her descendent ends up being a Rito, which means Zoras became Ritos.

Which is kind of off considering that Zoras are at home underwater and with the great sea around you'd think you would see a ton of them, lol. Whatever though, I like the Ritos.

EDIT: Do'h! Beat me to it, lol. Typing on the 3DS is slow sometimes.

I've often thought of what might be the reason as to why they evolved to the Rito. I have several theories. Firstly if there are two races of Zora river and ocean maybe the Zora in Hyrule (seemingly landlocked in OoT) were of the river variety and couldn't thrive in salt water. I say thrive because obviously they have lungs to survive but maybe they have a duel respiratory system that also uses gils for hunting underwater for long periods. That being said the inability to hunt would demand evolution.

My second theory is this. The great ocean being an unnatural ocean would not quickly support an abundance of life. No food would demand evolution as well. This theory is backed by the diving crew just offshore the fairy island near one of the triangle isles. Who when spoken to roughly say "what are you doing? Hunting Treasure? You can't fool me, only pirates, treasure hunters and monsters sail a fishless ocean." the key words being fishes ocean of course.
---
PSN/LIVE: Massacredone
Me thinks words is hard...
#5Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 7:34:27 AM
I think it might be easier simply to believe they had to evolve quickly in order to reach the mountain tops. Because water or not there is still the issue of water pressure. If they weren't at a high enough point when the ocean was created they would have been crushed by the water.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#6gameman713Posted 2/1/2013 7:44:48 AM
I've also heard the theory that the goddesses might have forced their evolution, as a part of flooding Hyrule. I think the theory went that if nobody was supposed to find Hyrule until the Hero was supposed to get there, then you'd have to somehow remove the aquatic race that could swim there any time they wanted. Or that these Zoras are freshwater only and would've died in a salt ocean without divine intervention.
#7Geminia999Posted 2/1/2013 8:18:35 AM
What I want to know is what caused Fish people to turn into birds and elves turn into tree people that can fly and left the rock monsters the same? Heck, even humans didn't get awesome flipper feet. That's racist evolution!
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#8Hirokey123Posted 2/1/2013 8:31:00 AM
Hylians de-evolved back to humans.
Kokiri are forest spirits in that sense they don't have a real form they choose whatever form they want to take, so for them it was just a form change.
Fish people had to get to the top of mountains, that really could not have been easy hence why I think it's the most logical reason they had to evolve.
Rocks remained rocks because rocks don't evolve, they are rocks.

De-evolution
Transformation
Evolution
Unchaning

We've got the whole spectrum.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#9ZBug_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 8:44:16 AM(edited)
gameman713 posted...
Laruto, a Zora in WW, states that Link needs to find her descendant in order to pray to the gods to restore the Master Sword. If her descendant is Medli, a Rito, then it follows that all of the Rito have come from the Zoras.

Proof:

"My name is Laruto. I am a Zora sage. For an age, I offered my prayers here in the Earth Temple, praying that the power to repel evil would ever remain within the Master Sword. And yet... unfortunately, due to Ganondorf's evil designs, the Master Sword you hold has lost this power. You must find the one who carries on my bloodline... The one who holds this sacred instrument..."
Laruto

Source: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Laruto
2nd Source: Playing the game

Edit: Aonuma himself also stated it. 'Eiji Aonuma: We created the Rito as the evolved form of the Zora that appeared in "Ocarina of Time" and the Koroks as what the Kokiri became once they left the forest. They appear different, but they have inherited their blood. {Interview with Eiji Aonuma on Page 29 of Zelda Box (Part 1, Page 26 on the online download)}

Source: http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Rito#cite_note-0
Download link: http://www.zeldalegends.net/index.php?n=guides#744

So, no. They're not "full of it."

Thanks, that's the kind of proof I was looking for.
Not that it makes any sense though. It seems more like devolving, the hypothesis (I refrain from using the word 'theory' incorrectly) that it was forced by the goddess to keep Hyrule hidden makes the most sense. It also explains that lack of change amongst much of anything else. Except gorons, TP says they can live underwater for long periods of times cause I guess they don't need to breath much. Who's to say they don't just drop down there and find it? They can definetly survive the water pressure.
Or if you go by MM which says they drown (or is it just Goron link?) why wouldn't the goddess change them to save them?

---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#10SnowBrigadierPosted 2/1/2013 8:38:21 AM
Not that it makes any sense though.

In Wind Waker, it's stated that the ocean is pretty much entirely devoid of life; in other words, it's uninhabitable. That's why the Rito had to evolve into a species that could live on land. This was most likely caused by the fact that Hyrule wasn't meant to be rediscovered. That's how it makes sense.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder