Please provide legitimate proof that the Zoras "evolved" into the Rita.

#11iKhanicPosted 2/1/2013 9:47:27 AM
Ruto gained 50 EXP. What's this? Ruto is evolving.

*Plays awesome music*

"Congratulations, your Ruto evolved into a Medli!"
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#12ArcvalonsPosted 2/1/2013 8:13:34 PM
Valoo's scales gave the Rito the ability to fly.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#13ColebyPosted 2/1/2013 9:57:17 PM
I would imagine that the salinity in the ocean would be a problem, as they were seen as freshwater creatures in OoT (although the Zoras in MM could make a potential argument). Not to mention it's literally crawling with tons of ferocious sea monsters. I wonder how the Mermen make it.

Speaking of Mermen, I wonder how and why they were exempt from the 'No Intelligent Deep-Sea Diverse Allowed' rule. >_> Unless they had no clue of Hyrule's existence, but still, there can't be too much stopping them from accidentally stumbling upon the kingdom.

Hirokey123 posted...
Hylians de-evolved back to humans.
Kokiri are forest spirits in that sense they don't have a real form they choose whatever form they want to take, so for them it was just a form change.
Fish people had to get to the top of mountains, that really could not have been easy hence why I think it's the most logical reason they had to evolve.
Rocks remained rocks because rocks don't evolve, they are rocks.

De-evolution
Transformation
Evolution
Unchaning

We've got the whole spectrum.

The Hylians never evolved or de-evolved, they merely dwindled in numbers. And they're a separate group entirely from the regular humans regardless.

It's never been confirmed that the Kokiri or the Koroks are shapeshifters by the true definition of the word. The Deku Tree in TWW states that 'it's merely the form they took when they left the forest.'

And there's been nothing said about the reason why the Gorons didn't change or evolve. You merely made an assumption.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#14Muljo StphoPosted 2/1/2013 10:04:36 PM
Arcvalons posted...
Valoo's scales gave the Rito the ability to fly.

I'm surprised this part wasn't brought up by anyone sooner.

It is made clear in-game that the Rito species is one in the process of being reshaped by divine forces. Transformative power acts upon them when they receive the gift of one of their guardian deity's scales. And it seems as if only some aspects of each change are passed down to their children, so Valoo has been giving them this gift for many generations to reinforce their new form. (If I recall correctly, this was part of why Medli was trying to go up the mountain, wasn't it? It was time for her to receive her gift so she could grow her wings, I think.)

As for the Kokiri -> Korok transformation, they're pretty directly tied into the whims of the Deku Tree and they'll take on whatever form he wants them to use.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#15ZBug_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 12:38:57 AM
SnowBrigadier posted...
Not that it makes any sense though.

In Wind Waker, it's stated that the ocean is pretty much entirely devoid of life; in other words, it's uninhabitable. That's why the Rito had to evolve into a species that could live on land. This was most likely caused by the fact that Hyrule wasn't meant to be rediscovered. That's how it makes sense.

Thanks, it's been a while since I played. I must have missed that before.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#16pokemega32Posted 2/2/2013 12:42:40 AM
Muljo Stpho posted...
(If I recall correctly, this was part of why Medli was trying to go up the mountain, wasn't it? It was time for her to receive her gift so she could grow her wings, I think.)

Medli already had her wings. She was scaling the mountain to see why Valoo was freaking out, as Komali refused to make his journey until Valoo was calm.
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#17gameman713Posted 2/2/2013 2:40:04 AM
Coleby posted...

Speaking of Mermen, I wonder how and why they were exempt from the 'No Intelligent Deep-Sea Diverse Allowed' rule. >_> Unless they had no clue of Hyrule's existence, but still, there can't be too much stopping them from accidentally stumbling upon the kingdom.

I can think of two reasons why they might have a pass. 1) The water pressure might be too much for them. If their anatomy can't handle it, then they won't dive down that deep.

2) Diet. The Great Sea is devoid of life, so the Mermen must get their food from somewhere. If it isn't in the sea, then they must get it near land or the surface of the water (vegetation possibly). Animals (including humans) go where the food is. If there isn't any food for them in the deeps, then there's no reason to go there.
#18SnowBrigadierPosted 2/2/2013 8:40:50 AM

The Fishmen were chosen to be the KoRL's helpers in protecting the lost land and finding the hero, which is why they were able to live in the sea.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#19Adamario_129Posted 2/2/2013 10:37:31 PM
"Zoras, did you evolve into Rita?"
---
"An apostrophe does not mean 'uh-oh, here comes an s.'" - Dave Barry
#20ElfrikPosted 2/3/2013 3:13:25 PM
"Before you begin the Earth Temple, you meet the spirit of a zora who tells you to find her descendent. Her descendent ends up being a Rito, which means Zoras became Ritos."

That proves nothing! Medli is just one person, and there's a Rito postman with Hylian ancestry.