A Link to the Past, did you ignore the Sahasrahla's warning in the 7th dungeon?

#1_Unowninator_Posted 2/2/2013 4:04:02 PM
AKA: Turtle Rock. "Do you possess the Medicine of Magic? If not, I recommend against going any further." - Results (72 votes)
Yes, I read it, didn't have it, but continued anyway.
34.72% (25 votes)
Yes, I didn't read his advice at all; I skipped the Telepathy Tile entirely.
5.56% (4 votes)
I already had at least one when I got there, so it didn't matter to me.
22.22% (16 votes)
No, when he warned me, I went back to get some.
1.39% (1 votes)
I can't remember.
22.22% (16 votes)
I never played A Link to the Past or never got that far into the game.
12.5% (9 votes)
My answer isn't in this poll.
1.39% (1 votes)
This poll is now closed.
topic. I know I did. I figured I made it that far without it, so I wouldn't need it and that he was just being paranoid. Boy was he not kidding.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#2Muljo StphoPosted 2/2/2013 8:12:20 PM
Very first time ever getting there? No idea. I can't remember. I know I always felt like I needed a fully stocked arsenal of potions any other time I've gone in there though. (Well, specifically when it's time to tackle the boss. That was the one with the fire head and the ice head, right? I always used up all four potions on the magic that gets used up using the appropriate rods on those stupid heads.)
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#3HalykainazooPosted 2/3/2013 5:46:20 AM
In my three playthroughs, I had three bottled fairies e each time, so I was like "screw that" and used the Cane of Somaria to continue.
#4Mirror_AuraPosted 2/3/2013 10:21:43 AM
Sahasrahla's advice is sound, but you do not need the Medicine of Magic, nor do you need the 1/2 Magic Meter in LttP, even for Turtle Rock and its boss (Trinexx). You can even miss with your Master Sword slashes a few times on Trinexx, and still finish the battle. The GBA version is even easier since it drops Magic Jars. And of course getting the Sword upgrades, the Magic Meter upgrade, or any Bottles, will make the fight even easier.

As for the rest of the dungeon, it isn't a big deal. You can use the Cane of Somaria plenty of times, and there's a lot of Magic Jars to be found. His warning can be ignored, LttP minimalist runs are easy.
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#5-Unowninator-Posted 2/3/2013 11:06:44 AM
Halykainazoo posted...
In my three playthroughs, I had three bottled fairies e each time, so I was like "screw that" and used the Cane of Somaria to continue.

You mean you beat the boss without a magic potion?!
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#6Mirror_AuraPosted 2/3/2013 11:17:01 AM
From: 3rdAlt_of_Unown | Posted: 2/3/2013 1:06:44 PM | #005
Halykainazoo posted...

Uhm... LttP does not require you to obtain any Bottles or the 1/2 Magic Meter upgrade, unless you're going for 100%. Beating Trinexx isn't difficult, even on a minimalist run. LttP is much easier than Zelda 1 and AoL.

Why don't you go look up some minimalist run videos?
---
The most powerful army, in, HISTORY.
YAAAAAAYYYYY.
#7HalykainazooPosted 2/3/2013 12:19:50 PM
3rdAlt_of_Unown posted...
Halykainazoo posted...

I had Double Magic and there's magic refill one or two rooms away from Trinexx :)
#8SolidKnightPosted 2/3/2013 6:31:17 PM
I always have blue potions. Prepared for everything at all times.
#9Amazing AmpharosPosted 2/4/2013 10:12:58 PM
I wouldn't agree that Trinexx is "easy" on a minimalist run, but he's certainly doable. You can only miss a single rod blast and finish the fight, and the Ice Rod blasts travel really slowly. He is easy even without potions if you have the Tempered or Golden Sword though which most players not intentionally challenging themsevles will have by that point; those do so much damage per hit that you can make a lot of mistakes.

Either way, my first time I did not ignore his warning and had four bottles with blue potion in them. I was also of a single digit age, and getting that far was really hard for me so I was quite sure to use my infinite amounts of free time to be prepared. These days, I flout it; I'm good enough at the game that I don't need bottles and especially don't need magic healing potions. If I were going to go out of my way for more magic, I'd get the doubled magic meter instead which is more than enough.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 4641 8955 0950
#10SilfalasPosted 2/5/2013 3:28:19 AM
If you have the lvl.2 sword you can always attack Trinexx with the hammer which hits like a lvl. 3 slash. I didn't miss any hits when I did the minimalist run but maybe using the hammer can let you make more mistakes?
---
Currently playing: Kirby Canvas Curse and Phoenix Wright: Justice For All.