POLL: What art style do you want for Zelda Wii U?

#1the_superiorx2Posted 2/8/2013 12:39:36 PM
How do you want the new visuals to look? - Results (166 votes)
The E3 tech demo visuals. (Basically a HD TP)
57.83% (96 votes)
A continuation of SS's style.
7.23% (12 votes)
Go back to TWW cel shading.
3.01% (5 votes)
To return to the classic 2D style.
3.01% (5 votes)
I want it to be like Skyrim. Big, serious, and epic.
6.02% (10 votes)
A steampunk Zelda, in the mold of FF 7.
4.22% (7 votes)
A futuristic Zelda, set in a dystopian urban world, with flying cars and electronic gadgets.
3.01% (5 votes)
A Zelda set in space, with visuals similar to Metroid. In fact cross the two franchises over.
1.2% (2 votes)
I couldn't care less. I don't even know why I am on this board.
3.61% (6 votes)
Nothing. I hate Zelda.
10.84% (18 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I personally want visuals like the E3 tech demo, but apparantly that is not happening :(
#2ArcvalonsPosted 2/8/2013 12:42:26 PM
Those who claim Skyrim is all serious have obviously never met Sheogorath
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#3LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/8/2013 12:57:55 PM
The tech demo isn't really a 'HD TP'. It actually has color.
---
Wind Waker is one of the greatest games ever made. Hoping the HD Remake does it justice.
#4MooglePeruPosted 2/8/2013 1:03:23 PM
Where the **** is the OoT Anime Style?
---
My Backloggery: Only fun games allowed!
http://www.backloggery.com/moogleperu
#5GoombacrusherPosted 2/8/2013 1:04:40 PM
the_superiorx2 posted...
I couldn't care less. I don't even know why I am on this board.

I know why I'm on this board, it's to talk about the games instead of making ANOTHER topic about graphics and art style
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#6Nintendoboy77Posted 2/8/2013 2:35:30 PM
MooglePeru posted...
Where the **** is the OoT Anime Style?
#7kreegan64Posted 2/8/2013 7:05:00 PM
The only reason I can think of for this game having WW style is if it was to be another entry in that sub-series, other than that it'd be horrible marketing since people would be getting WW hd already a year or two earlier.

And why are the choices so restricted for such a open-ended question?
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#8RageBotPosted 2/9/2013 2:56:19 AM
Final Fantasy 7 is already more futuristic than steampunk. I'd pick Final Fantasy 6 as an example, or maybe a Wild Arms game.

I wouldn't mind a steampunk game as a sequel to ST, with Malladus becoming the new Ganon in the Adult Timeline. It's also the best setting to bring back Epona, because before there were boats, trains and birds, there was a freaking horse.
---
"My fist is the divine breath. Rise, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden power! Grant upon thee the power of the glorious Mother of Destruction!"
#91TruthPosted 2/9/2013 3:00:27 AM
The results speak for themselves. TP art direction is really the path Team Triforce need to take.

As for people saying where's the OoT/MM style, that's basically the TP style with less polygons and low-res textures.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#109weerwolfPosted 2/9/2013 4:28:16 AM
Other: A completely new art style.

We've got OoT's art style twice (OoT & MM), we've seen WW's art styles in three games (WW, PH & ST), we've seen TP's art style once and we've seen a mix of WW and TP in Skyward Sword.

I'd say come up with a new style, but they should save Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword's art styles for future games.
---
There's no such thing as a "Final Fantasy", the imagination allows us to think of as many fantasies as we want. FACT.