A Zelda based mod for those who play Medieval Total War 2 as well. Check it out!

#1Dsurions_WrathPosted 5/27/2013 3:38:54 AM(edited)
I've been following this mod for about a year and have been playing it around just as long. If any of you play Medieval Total War 2 I seriously suggest it. It's pretty damn awesome. There's just something about having an army of Hylian's march against the Gohma, Gerudo, Stalfos, etc, or vice versa. Ended up getting into a thing during a campaign in which the Gorons turned against me and went all out with going into war against me because they decided they were allies with the Gerudo and I had to attack the Gerudo to protect my Kokiri allies. Killing Darunia was depressing but awesome in a strange sort of way. q.q

It's basically set in an alternate universe in which Link vanishes seeming like he never existed which majorly f's up Hyrule's history. From what I remember Saria and a few of the other Sages are the only ones who know something's wrong with the timeline. It also majorly involves Majora to the point the Twili are Majora worshippers and the trailers hint that he's a major antagonist to the whole timeline thing.

They're currently working on an update to include unique cities and what not for the different races/civilizations. Take a look, seriously even if ya don't play the game. Especially watch the trailer for it. (and as a suggestion I'd also look up the trailer for the previous version of the mod, it's equally as awesome.)-

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hyrule-total-war

I know it's probably considered off topic but just wanted to share :D

EDIT- Actually the previous version's Intro Trailer is on there. Just click the video tab.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
GT: Dsurion21
#2RockmanPeruPosted 5/27/2013 8:48:19 AM
Damn.

Ocarina based.

Why this always happens?
---
King of the Zelda Wii U Board
Mog can go **** himself - Members of the Zelda Wii U Board
#3Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 9:05:41 AM
RockmanPeru posted...
Damn.

Ocarina based.

Why this always happens?

Hm? Has stuff from a lot of the games throughout the series. Veran is a member of the Labrynna faction for instance, Onox is a member of the Stalfos oddly enough, the Ikana have their own faction (story is that Majora ported them to Hyrule), has the Moblins being lead by Ganon (He and Ganondorf are separate entities in it for some odd reason. My guess is temporal shenanigans.) Even has the Fairy Queen from Wind Waker leading the fairy faction.... And yes there really is a Fairy faction xD also the Deku tribes which is pretty boss. The Shiekah have a faction lead by the wizard from ALttP (Forgot how to spell his name) too.

If by story- Yup OoT shenanigans with time stuff.
---
"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men."- President John F. Kennedy.
#4RockmanPeruPosted 5/27/2013 10:29:42 AM
Damn.

Fanfiction based.

Why this always happens?
---
#5LLL_DeadlyPosted 5/27/2013 2:53:16 PM
RockmanPeru posted...
Damn.

Ocarina based.

Why this always happens?

Because OoT is the definitive Zelda game.
---
http://www.gamespek.com/imagenes/articulos/articulos/iwata_not_dead.gif
#6iKhanicPosted 5/27/2013 3:47:13 PM
RockmanPeru posted...
Damn.

Ocarina based.

Why this always happens?

It's actually a prequel to Legend of Zelda: Fallen Sage, which is an alright game. They already made a sequel, Times Menagerie.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#7RockmanPeruPosted 5/27/2013 4:46:58 PM
My opinion is law

---
#8Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 11:30:07 PM
iKhanic posted...
RockmanPeru posted...
Damn.

Ocarina based.

Why this always happens?

It's actually a prequel to Legend of Zelda: Fallen Sage, which is an alright game. They already made a sequel, Times Menagerie.

Seriously? Had a feeling Sulkaris had something to do with that considering her Fallen Sage title. I really need to get around to playing that, kept hearing it was pretty decent for a fan made RPG.
---
#9jaminePosted 5/27/2013 11:37:50 PM
RockmanPeru posted...
My opinion is law
I'm stealing jamine's arguments

---
meet me right in front of the party city, i got a two sided tape that gets way too sticky... and a bad case of noisemaker blues
#10Dsurions_Wrath(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 11:46:49 PM
RockmanPeru posted...
Damn.

Fanfiction based.

Why this always happens?

Eh, the story isn't really tied into the campaign or anything though. Campaigns in Total War are basically each nation (or in this case races as well) in kind of a Civilization style map setup. It's still an awesome feeling to lead an army of Hylians against an army of Darknuts and Gerudo. And being me I actually like recording the events as they happen as something of like a historical document for the events of it.

First things I did with my current play-through was try and be peaceful and make allies at first, then ended up getting into a long drawn out war with the Gohma when they attacked the Laruto Zora, then after beating them into submission and conquering most of their territory I ended up getting into a war with the Gerudo who were allied with the Gohma and were attacking my Kokiri allies. Ended up completely wiping out their nation with the help of the Darknuts but now I'm in a massive war with the Goron's that almost ended Hyrule (and other nations thanks to them conquering Karakio Village which had a plague at that point and they ended up spreading it to a lot of their territory.) Ended up having to kill Darunia when he wouldn't surrender or make a peace treaty then attacked Castle Town. q.q

And now I'm basically in a world war allied with the Kokiri, Darknuts, Laruto, Zora, Ordona Province, and the Twili, the Sheikah and the remnants of the Gerudo that had joined my faction, against the Labrynna Regime, the Gorons, Moblins, Stalfos, Gohma, Lizalfos, and the Ikana. And currently trying to recruit the Fairies and the Deku as allies before the opposing side can get a chance to.

Fanfiction-y, but bad ass on so many levels, and the scale of the battles have been pretty awesome.
---