Since Wind Waker failed to live up to expectations, does the zelda cycle exist?

#21SolidKnightPosted 12/27/2013 9:17:53 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Not really. Prior to SS's existence, the most praised game among the fan community was Majora's Mask. You really couldn't talk to most fans without hearing how amazing it was. Then when SS came out, WW really started to shine. We saw more posts praising WW, and hell, even I've been less critical of it.

That's a bunch of crap. The Wind Waker was getting a lot of fan praise long before Skyward Sword was even announced. In fact, Majora's Mask's praise was heightening around the same time.
#22JF_Alpha(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2013 10:37:57 PM
Not really. Prior to SS's existence, the most praised game among the fan community was Majora's Mask. You really couldn't talk to most fans without hearing how amazing it was. Then when SS came out, WW really started to shine. We saw more posts praising WW, and hell, even I've been less critical of it. I hear people say TP isn't as bad as they originally thought it was all the time

See this what I'm talking about people kind of bs ing opinions because their is no real way to validate this. For example I hardly recall this at all, I remember majoras mask always being loved except for the much bated mechanic of the 3 day system, other than that the game was respected. Also the most praised game has always been opt, this is indisputable, honorable mentions also goes to links awakening, a link to the past and the oracle games
---
I did not ask if you have a psychic impairment, I asked if you have an impairment of the psyche-Zane Grey Staker
#23BluesMX90Posted 12/27/2013 10:44:18 PM(edited)
JF_Alpha posted...
Since Wind Waker failed to live up to expectations, does the zelda cycle exist?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m04x8iljk41qkjb5so1_400.gif
#24fluffy_kinsPosted 12/28/2013 3:03:50 PM
I dunno what this has to do with the Zelda cycle. But Wind Waker failing in the sales department doesn't surprise me that much. Nintendo said they felt that people missed out on the WW the first go around because the gamecube wasn't a popular system. Yet WW sold 4.6 million units world wide. Compare that to Skyward Sword's 3.68 million, on a much more popular system. I think Nintendo wanted numbers like Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but those numbers were bigger than usual due to TP being a launch title on a hugely hyped system and OoT being the series' first foray into 3D.

And really, WW was probably the least in need of a remake when compared to the other 3D games. The graphics don't look too different and they made some minor tweaks to the gameplay. It's closer to a port in my opinion (and yes, before anyone freaks, I am aware that it is a full remake). They would have been smart to remake Majora's Mask. The graphics are very outdated at this point and the gameplay could be revamped so as not to alienate fans (a big issue of the original MM). The game has also become really popular among fans in the last few years. OoT just got a remake on the 3DS and Twilight Princess isn't quite old enough to warrant a remake yet. I think a MM remake on the Wii U could have at least broke the million unit mark and sold some systems. WW was an odd choice.
---
"damn, it's like a disco ball's in front of my face!" -chris redfield