How many flashbacks can are there in the 3D series?

#1Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/28/2013 2:24:08 PM
I can only remember the ones from Ocarina of Time when Link sees the Castle Town gate falling and Zelda, Impa, and Ganondorf come rushing out on horseback. Actually, there were flashbacks of Tatl, Talt, and Skullkid in Majora's Mask that I can recall. But other than that, the other Zeldas thereafter didn't incorporate any flashbacks into the games did they?

Anyway, I think there should be at least one flashback in each story. It makes for a more interesting story wouldn't you say? I think I like the one in OOT more because it's haunting and intensifies Ganondorf's aura showing us that he burdened Link's mind heavily even as a child. But the reminiscing of good times that Tatl and Talt had with Skullkid was a good one too. Reminds me of good old fashion fun outside all the time with friends and neighbors from the block.

Any of you have favorite flashback scenes?
#2Paper_Mario_4(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2013 2:24:37 PM
Can are
#3fluffy_kinsPosted 12/28/2013 2:47:09 PM
Link's dream in the beginning of OoT was actually a premonition, not a flashback.

I don't mind flashbacks, but they should be playable. The moment in MM when Link flashes back to Zelda teaching him the song of time was a good use of flashback ... it filled in some story that we didn't see after the ending of OoT and it served an important purpose in MM. But they shouldn't include them just for the sake of doing it.
---
"damn, it's like a disco ball's in front of my face!" -chris redfield
#4BeriornPosted 12/28/2013 3:42:55 PM
OoT had two or three flashbacks to the creation of Hyrule and the Triforce.
---
"Oh yeah!"
~ Lucius the Eternal on most things.
#5HeroinredhatPosted 12/28/2013 7:31:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6pokemega32Posted 12/29/2013 2:28:00 AM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
Reminds me of good old fashion fun outside all the time with friends and neighbors from the block.

This game will have a flashback of Link and his friends accidentally breaking Old Man Ganondorf's window while playing baseball.
---
To OoT players: Were you able to sell fairies?
#7Mp5_drummerPosted 12/29/2013 2:43:39 PM
fluffy_kins posted...

I don't mind flashbacks, but they should be playable. The moment in MM when Link flashes back to Zelda teaching him the song of time was a good use of flashback ... it filled in some story that we didn't see after the ending of OoT and it served an important purpose in MM. But they shouldn't include them just for the sake of doing it.

I actually don't like that scene because it's kind of a retcon... Link already knew the Song of Time. He didn't learn it when he left Hyrule, as implied in MM.
#8wiiking96Posted 12/29/2013 5:59:07 PM
Mp5_drummer posted...
fluffy_kins posted...

I actually don't like that scene because it's kind of a retcon... Link already knew the Song of Time. He didn't learn it when he left Hyrule, as implied in MM.

I think it was more implying that Zelda didn't know that Link already knew the song, and so he just went along with her teaching it to him when she gave him the Ocarina of Time.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#9MajorZeroPosted 12/29/2013 9:27:16 PM
Only if its connecting this game to a previous one...like say if a new Link had to retrieve the master sword in the adult timeline from Ganon's rock corpse..maybe that Link is told by his companion about how it got there.
#10GoombacrusherPosted 12/29/2013 10:49:43 PM
Oh god those stupid history lessons from OoT
Every time I see those I want to punch something.
---
kawaii!