Ultimate Zelda Riddles Returns Episode 22: Yuga

#1Redmage1987Posted 1/16/2014 3:12:08 PM
(Credit goes to AtmaX)

First, THERE'S ONLY. ONE. RIDDLE. AT. A. TIME. Yeah, we know, you don't want to wait to use that great riddle you've got, but you have to earn the right to post it. Get the riddle right, and you get the floor, and are free to post your riddle, as long as it follows the rest of the rules. If the riddler who has the floor is going to be away for a while or something, and gives permission to post a filler riddle, then feel free, but remember that it's just that: filler. When they return, your riddle (assuming it hasn't been solved) is null.

Regarding your riddle, it needs to meet a few specifications. First, it can be anything: a person, enemy, object, whatever. As long as you can write a riddle that has enough detail we could feasibly get it, it's okay. Second, you have to state what game you're talking about. No, it is not fun for us to guess between the 15 or so games in the series to find that one little detail you were thinking of from MM, as hard as that is to believe. Finally, try to make it rhyme. It doesn't have to, but it's good form, and it shouldn't be that difficult to throw in a rhyme or two.

If you guess correctly and get the floor, then you've got a new section of rules to deal with. First, you've got two days to post a riddle after you get the floor. If you're not going to post one, then say so as soon as you can so we can open it up to anyone. More often than not, if you take too long, filler will pop up, but the floor's still yours for two days from the minute your answer is confirmed as correct. Second, you have to respond to guesses at least once every 24 hours. Seriously, it takes like five minutes at most to come on here and say "Nope, no one's right yet." You can do that at least once a day. Finally, if someone posts something that answers your riddle, you can't disprove it, and the board approves of it, then you have to take that as the answer, no questions asked. You can tell us what you were actually looking for, and then we can move on.

So that's all the rules, these are just a few suggestions for writing your riddle.

- Read over your riddle a few times before you post it. Does it require any huge leaps of logic to answer? What makes sense to you, may be absolute bogus to us, so try and keep things logical.

- There should only be one answer to your riddle. If it's well written, it should have no other answers other than the one you're thinking of, which also prevents us from having to invoke rule 7, a win-win situation for us all.

- Have a few hints ready. Sometimes your riddle is a lot harder than you thought it was. Maybe you intentionally made it hard. Either way, have some ready just in case.
---
tl;dr Section: (Credit goes to AtmaX)

1. The object can be anything from items, to people, to enemies, whatever
2. Say what game you are talking about. (Read the second post for rules about this)
3. If you got the correct answer, you have to post a new riddle in a maximum of 2 days otherwise someone can create his own riddle and post it.
4. If you can't think of a riddle say it as soon as you can so somebody else can take over.
5. Try to make it rhyme (but it doesn't have to)
6. You must respond to guesses at least once every 24 hours. If you fail to update, your riddle will be thrown out and the floor will be open to anyone.
7. If someone makes a guess, and they can justify it as correct, with the board's approval, you have to accept it as the answer, even if it's not what you were looking for.

AMENDMENTS:
I: You can only post three guesses per post. Has to be approved or denied before you can guess more. (Nominated by Silfalas, approved in Episode 7.)
---
The Old School Video Game King!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Redmage1987
#2Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 3:12:32 PM
Current Riddle by Redmage1987:

OoS

Step 1 to beat? Raise the heat!
Nows the test! You ready to quest?
Go everywhere, high and low. Bring a pet! It helps, you know.
Once you're done, wasn't that a blast? Now your journey can end twice as fast!

Current Guesses:

Pegasus Seeds
The Trading Sequence
The Noble Sword
The password to get the Noble sword early in OoA
Getting a permanent Animal Buddy/Flutes Side Quest

Current Riddle Side Question:

How many Zelda games have you BEAT? Not played, but beat?
---
#3SilfalasPosted 1/16/2014 3:17:22 PM
Yuga, uh? I still don't know if it is a he or a she. It was a good choice ;)
I'll think of something later. Was my riddle break down any good? Was I close somewhere?
#4Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2014 3:28:02 PM
Silfalas posted...
Yuga, uh? I still don't know if it is a he or a she. It was a good choice ;)
I'll think of something later. Was my riddle break down any good? Was I close somewhere?

I was the same way before I bought the game! Yuga is a he, lol.

"Step 1 to beat? Raise the heat! Makes me think of Blaino. Only one step outside the ring means losing/ winning

Nows the test! You ready to quest? this is the part when you decide which animal buddy you get

Go everywhere, high and low. Bring a pet! It helps, you know. - Dimitri needs a flute you get in Subrosia (down) The other flutes you get on the surface

Once you're done, wasn't that a blast? Now your journey can end twice as fast! by this time you also get to the pegasus seeds"

You're break down was from an earlier part of the game. Try thinking of something that opens up for you to do a couple of dungeons later from there.
---
#5SilfalasPosted 1/16/2014 4:50:50 PM
This will need some thought...
Anyway, getting a 3DS is really tempting. We have Zelda, Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem and some other games that are really worth it for me. I should take advantage of my holidays before I start studying again. I have been playing a lot of RPG's from PS1 lately, like Valkyrie Profile, Tales of Eternia and I have Xenogears just waiting for its turn. I will beat Ni no Kuni and Valkyrie Profile 2 before it though. I'd also like to play Tales of Symphonia once more (like the ninth time now xD). I have just finished Muramasa and Trials and Tribulations.
Yup, last year I barely touched a videogame.
#6SilfalasPosted 1/17/2014 10:44:05 AM
Maybe the part when you have to search for the plaque as a test, get the zora's flippers and blowing up the moblin's keep? I don't remember if it is before or after my last guess. I think it is after.
#7Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2014 1:34:33 PM(edited)
Silfalas posted...
Maybe the part when you have to search for the plaque as a test, get the zora's flippers and blowing up the moblin's keep? I don't remember if it is before or after my last guess. I think it is after.

Looks like you got quite a few PS1 Games to get through! The only PS1 Game I've got going on right now is Final Fantasy 2 on the Final Fantasy Origins Collection.

Nothing yet! Don't take "High and Low" too literal. It basically just means to check everywhere in the world. The words "High and Low" were mainly thrown in to make the third stanza rhyme.

Also, the answer is something completely optional in the game. It doesn't have anything to do with the main journey.
---
#8SilfalasPosted 1/18/2014 1:37:34 PM
I played the first one from the NES. I have yet to play 2. I do remember the level up/ status system being pretty weird. How was that again? Or maybe I'm just exaggerating.
#9Redmage1987(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2014 2:20:39 PM
Yeah, FF2 does have a really weird leveling system. This is my first run of FF2 and I'm actually not all that impressed by it, to be honest. I still feel like my characters are weak and I've been playing for awhile now. Plus I would rather gain levels by earned EXP instead of just attacking more or using magic more or whatever.

One thing I especially miss, though, is the job system. I love the Final Fantasy games that use the job class system. FF1, 3, and 5 are three of my favorite games in the series. I also really like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest and Final Fantasy Adventure too.
---
#10SilfalasPosted 1/18/2014 7:23:09 PM
Yeah, the job system is awesome! I loved 5 for that. And what about Tactics? That one is my fav FF.