making link a woman would betray the character

#171gfrequencyPosted 6/12/2014 4:14:24 PM
Our_grave posted...
MumboJ posted...
How would a genderswap invalidate those few qualities?

They are typical male qualities.

Yet not exclusively male qualities.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#172Stefan1277Posted 6/12/2014 4:20:42 PM
The only difference there would be is having to code some boob physics. That's it.

But hey, gamers and sexism. What else is new?
---
Gamefaqs users in one article:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-behaviors-modern-world-only-making-worse/
#173BurningoceanPosted 6/12/2014 4:23:06 PM
It really would,there is zero reason to suddenly make link a girl not a single reason.
---
My 3DS Friend Code is 1633-4953-1151!I have Pokemon Y and my Friend Safari is BUG with:Vivilon,Paras,and Masquien!IGN is John!Spreadsheet:http://tiny.cc/n8eugx
#174SuperMario1998Posted 6/12/2014 4:24:14 PM
I totally agree with this topic. It's the same issue with race. People think you should have the option to make Link/Mario black, because otherwise the game is racist, or in this case sexist. However, if I ask for Samus or something to be male, or any black character to be white, people will call you racist/sexist. It's inconsistent, and the character should stay the way they are intended to be. After 25+ years, it would be a betrayal of the character.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#175odcrl001Posted 6/12/2014 4:27:19 PM
Link needs to be transgender. Nintendo needs to get with the times
---
You think your're being funny?
...Pink bunny!
#176aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 4:27:33 PM
SuperMario1998 posted...
I totally agree with this topic. It's the same issue with race. People think you should have the option to make Link/Mario black, because otherwise the game is racist, or in this case sexist. However, if I ask for Samus or something to be male, or any black character to be white, people will call you racist/sexist. It's inconsistent, and the character should stay the way they are intended to be. After 25+ years, it would be a betrayal of the character.

It is not so much a double standard as it is people wanting more variety.
#177SuperMario1998Posted 6/12/2014 4:30:02 PM
aLINKtothePANTS posted...
SuperMario1998 posted...

Let's be honest. There is NEVER a controversy over having a male version of a female character, nor is there a controversy over turning black characters white. It's this blind random sexist and racist crap that people shove down your throat, and some people unfortunately legitimately buy into it.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#178mistermikeymikePosted 6/12/2014 4:31:53 PM
i could see Link in a nice clover green dress, big breasts, and blonde hair down her back
#1791upsuperPosted 6/12/2014 4:32:57 PM
Link has developed as a character outside of his appearance? Sure.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper | 3DS eShop GOTY: Yumi's Odd Odyssey.
Official Frost Five of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#180aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 4:34:48 PM
SuperMario1998 posted...
aLINKtothePANTS posted...
SuperMario1998 posted...

Let's be honest. There is NEVER a controversy over having a male version of a female character, nor is there a controversy over turning black characters white. It's this blind random sexist and racist crap that people shove down your throat, and some people unfortunately legitimately buy into it.

Some people don't want to play every game as a generic white male. Many people would consider turning a black character white racist, because we already have an overabundance of white characters.