From the quote I read, Aonuma never confirmed...

#1AbugumgumPosted 6/12/2014 10:03:58 AM
That Link would be male... He merely said that the character in the freak was Link. He also implied that the gender ambiguity wasintentional and spent some time talking about Link representing the player.

So I personally still believe that Link will have A gender select option and that that was the female version. He is throwing too much into the whole gender/player preference thing for it to just be an androgynous Link on accident.

Unless Someone can show me the exact quote where Aonuma confirms that Link is male.
#2ArcvalonsPosted 6/12/2014 10:06:53 AM
Yeah, what he said, literally, was:
Eiji Aonuma: That might be something that consciously we kind of did, but not to say anything specific I am not saying anything specific but, I am hoping people continue to comment, and I will continue to follow the fan comments and reactions to the trailer. I am certainly curious, and I am sure there are things we as developers can glean.

Some sexist people earlier were saying this confirms Link will definetly be male, for some reason.
---
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato.
Arc doesn't speak English; he speaks life, the voice of a generation.-gamerTai and pigg
#3GamerTaiPosted 6/12/2014 10:06:56 AM
What did you have for breakfast?
---
Make a GamerTai ATTN Topic today! Number of GamerTai ATTN Topics: 404
http://zeldawtwii.proboards.com/
#4SamuriPosted 6/12/2014 10:07:12 AM
I feel like that literally adds nothing to the game though. But I guess people on here care about Zeldas story, I just can't bring myself to care :/.
---
The life of the wife is ending by the knife.
#5Luke_the_Duke15Posted 6/12/2014 10:08:34 AM
He both refers to the character as Link and he in this.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/06/the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all
---
The Duke has spoken!
#6ArcvalonsPosted 6/12/2014 10:10:08 AM
Samuri posted...
I feel like that literally adds nothing to the game though. But I guess people on here care about Zeldas story, I just can't bring myself to care :/.

That's the point. It makes no difference, but people were saying they wouldn't buy the game or that if would ruin Link's character (what character?), coming of as jerks.
---
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato.
Arc doesn't speak English; he speaks life, the voice of a generation.-gamerTai and pigg
#7Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 10:12:30 AM
Samuri posted...

Honestly, I used to also be against a female option for Link for that reason. But then I realized it didn't really detract anything either. All it does is give the player more options to personalize Link so that they can perhaps relate to the character. There is nothing exclusively male about Link's personality unless you have a very traditional/conservative view if women. So there is no reason to complain really.
#8heartlessprinnyPosted 6/12/2014 10:14:17 AM
I wouldn't care if Link was female, but I feel the pro-female squad is grasping at straws at this point.
---
Praise be to Yevon, Umbasa.
#9thedeerzordPosted 6/12/2014 10:15:33 AM
GamerTai posted...
What did you have for breakfast?

GamerTai? No way, it's been so long since I've seen you on this board. How have you been?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
#10Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 10:16:04 AM
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
He both refers to the character as Link and he in this.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/06/the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all

I figured someone would say this. See I don't think the gender pronoun can really be taken as confirmation. He is referring to Link in general. And he also stated that he wouldn't say anything specific, which honestly implies that there is more to this. If Link was jut male I feel like he would go right out and say it, but all I the commentary about player input seems to be giving us a different narrative.