From the quote I read, Aonuma never confirmed...

#11GamerTaiPosted 6/12/2014 11:16:17 AM
thedeerzord posted...
GamerTai? No way, it's been so long since I've seen you on this board. How have you been?

Hungry. This is why I want breakfast. Tell me what you ate, Deer.
---
Make a GamerTai ATTN Topic today! Number of GamerTai ATTN Topics: 404
http://zeldawtwii.proboards.com/
#12thedeerzordPosted 6/12/2014 11:18:09 AM
GamerTai posted...
thedeerzord posted...
GamerTai? No way, it's been so long since I've seen you on this board. How have you been?

Hungry. This is why I want breakfast. Tell me what you ate, Deer.

I had pizza for my breakfast. I have nothing to eat so I just went in the fridge and got some cold pizza.

Then I went on GameFAQs to find that you have returned.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
#13ArcvalonsPosted 6/12/2014 11:18:36 AM
Abugumgum posted...
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
He both refers to the character as Link and he in this.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/06/the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all

I figured someone would say this. See I don't think the gender pronoun can really be taken as confirmation. He is referring to Link in general. And he also stated that he wouldn't say anything specific, which honestly implies that there is more to this. If Link was jut male I feel like he would go right out and say it, but all I the commentary about player input seems to be giving us a different narrative.

Nevermind that Skyrim is an obvious inspiration in this game, and Skyrim has character creation. I believe there will be some of it here, too.
---
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato.
Arc doesn't speak English; he speaks life, the voice of a generation.-gamerTai and pigg
#14MichaelAngel0Posted 6/12/2014 11:18:49 AM
Samuri posted...
I feel like that literally adds nothing to the game though. But I guess people on here care about Zeldas story, I just can't bring myself to care :/.

Exactly, because Link's gender makes no impact on Link's personality and character, the story or gameplay mechanics having a female Link would not be a big deal. People don't complain that it's a completely new Link every game, because every new Link acts EXACTLY the same as the last, so a female Link that acts EXACTLY the same isn't crazy.

I'm surprised this is would even be a problem seeing as every Link is either a descendent or reincarnation, and neither are gender specified.
#15GamerTaiPosted 6/12/2014 11:21:05 AM
thedeerzord posted...
I had pizza for my breakfast. I have nothing to eat so I just went in the fridge and got some cold pizza.

Time to order myself a pizza, freeze it, and then eat it. Thanks for the help, Deer. You just saved me from starvation. My descendants will surely repay your descendants one day for this.

Then I went on GameFAQs to find that you have returned.

I never left, I've always been in your heart.
---
Make a GamerTai ATTN Topic today! Number of GamerTai ATTN Topics: 404
http://zeldawtwii.proboards.com/
#16Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:23:23 AM
I see it as the pro exclusively male Link crowd which is grasping at straws. We have a quote in which Aonuma tells us that is Link, and acknowledges how ambiguous the genderis and how that was intentional, and then goes on to not specifically confirm Link as male and instead talk about Link as a player avatar.

Frankly, I see the same posters who were before stating ugh clearly that's a 100% a guy do you even know wat girls look like they have big boobs and are super hot like in all video games you don't know nerd link is a male always," who are now taking this non confirmation as fact, despite Aonuma out right stating that the gender ambiguity was purposeful.
#17vital_tundraPosted 6/12/2014 11:26:57 AM
Arcvalons posted...
Abugumgum posted...

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/06/the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-character-we-saw-in-the-zelda-u-trailer-was-link-after-all

I figured someone would say this. See I don't think the gender pronoun can really be taken as confirmation. He is referring to Link in general. And he also stated that he wouldn't say anything specific, which honestly implies that there is more to this. If Link was jut male I feel like he would go right out and say it, but all I the commentary about player input seems to be giving us a different narrative.

Nevermind that Skyrim is an obvious inspiration in this game, and Skyrim has character creation. I believe there will be some of it here, too.

Skyrim is not an inspiration in this game. This games inspiration comes from the original Legend of Zelda. Did you listen to what Aonuma had said during the trailer? He said that as 3D visuals came along, they had a harder time coming up with a game that had the open nature of the original. This game is coming back to that an accomplishing something they couldn't before.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#18Our_gravePosted 6/12/2014 11:29:40 AM
"It doesn't matter" is not a good argument. If people feel it matters, it matters.
#19ArcvalonsPosted 6/12/2014 11:30:46 AM
vital_tundra posted...
Arcvalons posted...
Abugumgum posted...

Skyrim is not an inspiration in this game. This games inspiration comes from the original Legend of Zelda. Did you listen to what Aonuma had said during the trailer? He said that as 3D visuals came along, they had a harder time coming up with a game that had the open nature of the original. This game is coming back to that an accomplishing something they couldn't before.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/18423/20130620/legend-zelda-wii-u-news-new-will.htm

EG: As part of opening up Zelda games for a new generation, are you looking at any other games for inspiration? Dark Souls, perhaps, or Skyrim?

Aonuma: Skyrim! [For some reason mention of Bethesda's fantasy epic tickles him, and he laughs.] Obviously I play other games, and I'm curious what Zelda fans like about the Skyrim experience. Maybe there are some Zelda fans who are looking for something similar out of a Zelda game.

But I don't look at the technology that made these games possible. I don't look at what's happening in the game, but how it made me feel, what in the game moved me, and how I can bring out those same emotions in players who play my games. My intent isn't to copy them, but those are the things that stay with you as a player.

It's not what you see but how the game makes you feel that makes you feel closer to the experience. It's more about the feeling and expression of emotions in the game, and I do take that into consideration when working on my own projects.

---
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato.
Arc doesn't speak English; he speaks life, the voice of a generation.-gamerTai and pigg
#20Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 11:33:54 AM
Our_grave posted...
"It doesn't matter" is not a good argument. If people feel it matters, it matters.

I'm not even sure which side you are arguing. If it doesn't affectthe character's personality or abilities.... So if some people want to play as a girl Link (not myself necessarily, but some people,) and others don't want other people to be allowed to make Link a girl... Who should the developers side with?