From the quote I read, Aonuma never confirmed...

#51FrebDegitPosted 6/12/2014 3:23:53 PM
Abugumgum posted...
Then what is it that you are arguing here? That Link is not going to become female now forever? duh. That Aonuma has confirmed Link as male?

@Freb, for the record, I would play as the male Link personally. But I think it's not me who "wants it" but you who specifically doesn't want it to happen.

It is NOT that I don't want it, I've said numerous times on this board that I wouldn't mind, but you have to be reasonable, it's more than likely not going to happen dude..
#52Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:31:25 PM(edited)
Please elaborate. How is gender performed? Sex is performed. Gender biological. It's the gear between your legs. I think you got those 2 mixed up.

I think you were trying to imply gender identity...but you failed at trying to sound like a politically correct ubber liberal.

Nice job trying to be trendy ;D

I don't mean sex the verb or the noun, I mean sex the adjective. As in sex: male, or sex: female. I'm no expert, but gender is performed in the vein of a person is technically allowed to identify as male though they have female biology, or vice versa. Whether you choose to respect this identity is up to you I suppose, and some hold sex and gender as inseparable.

Nice job... with nothing really. You didn't do a good job just now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_gender_distinction
#53Luke_the_Duke15Posted 6/12/2014 3:28:42 PM
I've stated multiple times that I think it's very plausible character customization could be in the game, I don't know how you missed it. I'm arguing they wouldn't outright change Link's gender like that because people would become stuck on it, and not be able to look at anything else in the trailer. They didn't want that to be the focus.

Aonuma's language when he said it was intentional was also very indecisive, like he wasn't sure if it was truly completely intentional.

And girls can begin to develop breasts as early as age eight. Link clearly looks older than that, and maybe that frame has to do with the fact that, hm, I don't know, Link's a guy?! It's not a generalization of what women are supposed to look like, it's an observation of what most women DO look like.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#54Luke_the_Duke15Posted 6/12/2014 3:32:13 PM(edited)
FrebDegit posted...
Luke_the_Duke15 posted...
That was in a different interview though, before he even wanted to get attention off of Link, since he says right after he hopes people continue to comment. Not only that, he says that might be something they kind of did. He's not saying anything specific there either, and it sounds like he's not even sure if it was completely intentional to make Link androgynous.

And I think you're misunderstanding what I meant by limiting. I meant limiting discussion, not limiting people in actually playing the game/customizing Link.

I feel you're not even reading my full posts. You keep on reiterating that you think Link will be customizable even though I've not even arguing against that.

I'm reading everything you're saying, but you're seriously setting yourself up for disappointment, he's got an extremely slim chance of being customizable.. aside from maybe equipment, I'm sure he wants people to keep discussing it because it's an intriguing concept they've probably not fully taken into consideration yet.. He's no Kojima, I doubt he's deliberately hiding super big things like this in plain sight..

I'm not getting invested in the idea of him being customizable, I'm merely saying I wouldn't be surprised if it was in there.

Also, I was talking to Abugumgum when I said that, because of his constant reiteration that character customization will probably be in there in some form.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#55Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:44:41 PM
I've stated multiple times that I think it's very plausible character customization could be in the game, I don't know how you missed it. I'm arguing they wouldn't outright change Link's gender like that because people would become stuck on it, and not be able to look at anything else in the trailer. They didn't want that to be the focus.

Aonuma's language when he said it was intentional was also very indecisive, like he wasn't sure if it was truly completely intentional.

And girls can begin to develop breasts as early as age eight. Link clearly looks older than that, and maybe that frame has to do with the fact that, hm, I don't know, Link's a guy?! It's not a generalization of what women are supposed to look like, it's an observation of what most women DO look like.

*facepalm*
Oh my god. I know about biological development. Do you know that some women are considered flat chested? Link in the trailer is wearing a loose fitting top that would not necessarily show small breasts. So just because the character doesn't have huge cans doesn't serve as proof that said character is male. Particularly in light of the rather feminine frame and appearance in comparison to past Links. Male Link is androgynous. Why wouldn't female Link also be androgynous. In the hypothetical scenario that you were seeing a female Link, how would you expect her to look?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/161/9/3/the_legend_of_zelda_wii_u_4_by_zeonuchiha-d7ltqmf.png

Smaller waist, less broad shoulders, more feminine eyelashes.
I would not expect a female Link to be a busty stereotypical anime fanservice character. I would expect a female Link to have an athletic build.
#56Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:45:54 PM
Again, I am also not arguing that they are going to outright change Link to be a female character. Which seems to be half of what you are arguing against. Which is why I keep bringing up customization.
#57ecylisPosted 6/12/2014 3:51:08 PM
heartlessprinny posted...
I wouldn't care if Link was female, but I feel the pro-female squad is grasping at straws at this point.

---
3DS Friend Code: 3582-9158-2225
#58FrebDegitPosted 6/12/2014 3:52:02 PM
heartlessprinny posted...
I wouldn't care if Link was female, but I feel the pro-female squad is grasping at straws at this point.
#59Abugumgum(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2014 3:55:59 PM(edited)
Again, the interviews do not in any way confirm that Link in the trailer is not a girl. The character looks like a girl. Aonuma acknowledged that the character looks like a girl. Not to say anything specific. I'm not saying anything specific.
#60edgarmorrtisPosted 6/12/2014 3:56:03 PM
Abugumgum posted...

*facepalm*
Oh my god. I know about biological development. Do you know that some women are considered flat chested? Link in the trailer is wearing a loose fitting top that would not necessarily show small breasts. So just because the character doesn't have huge cans doesn't serve as proof that said character is male. Particularly in light of the rather feminine frame and appearance in comparison to past Links. Male Link is androgynous. Why wouldn't female Link also be androgynous. In the hypothetical scenario that you were seeing a female Link, how would you expect her to look?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/161/9/3/the_legend_of_zelda_wii_u_4_by_zeonuchiha-d7ltqmf.png

Smaller waist, less broad shoulders, more feminine eyelashes.
I would not expect a female Link to be a busty stereotypical anime fanservice character. I would expect a female Link to have an athletic build.

http://playeressence.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/WiiU_Zelda_scrn02_E3-1.jpg

Are we looking at the same picture? The shirt is not that loose. It's tight enough to be able to see the lightest amount of mammary development. This Link looks to be about 12 to 14 at the youngest. You'd see something if it was there at all.

The eyelashes aren't any more pronounced than they usually are, and it's biological fact that men tend to have longer, more pronounced eyelashes than women.

If you look at the fan photoshopped pics (the ones attempting to make him look more like a female) and compare them to actual still images from the trailer (i recomend using youtube for that) then it will start becoming painfully obvious how male Link is.
---
The world will look up and shout "save us". And I'll look down and whisper "Hodor".