I hope the world isn't just an "open world" but a "breathing immersive" world...

#1Cheko2015Posted 6/12/2014 3:36:22 PM
It seems Nintendo received a lot of flak for Skyward Sword's overworld. Despite liking the game, I personally didn't care for it. Was far too linear and it didnt feel like a real breathing living world to me. ESPECIALLY with the settlements and races. In past Zelda games, the difference races had villages and settlements they called home. But in SS, they were just scattered about along the relatively linear areas you went through. It would be like if there was no Goron City in OOT and just finding Gorons laying around in Death Mountain trial and there being Zora's domain with Zora littered about the river/fountain etc.

So I hope this world feels like a living breathing world with settlements and NPCs/ races that have lives. A world you can become immersed in. Maybe they could even have a few hylian settlements too. It really seems like Nintendo is going in the right direction here so thats great. Just hope they focus on this area too. A world can be open but that doesn't make it intrinsically good if its bland, empty, and dead. I don't think we have anything to worry about though.
---
See Quote
#2aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 4:11:33 PM
Maybe NPCs and monsters could have daily routines, like in Majora's Mask, or the Elder Scrolls games.
#3ZBug_Posted 6/12/2014 4:13:15 PM
aLINKtothePANTS posted...
Maybe NPCs and monsters could have daily routines, like in Majora's Mask, or the Elder Scrolls games.

This, maybe even go further and give them weekly routines
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook
#4aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 4:30:40 PM
There were some NPCs walking around with animals in the trailer.
They ran away when the monster started shooting. Maybe they can be killed this time? That probably won't happen though.
#5MrKoyemshiPosted 6/12/2014 4:33:50 PM
They ran away when the monster started shooting. Maybe they can be killed this time? That probably won't happen though.

Hopefully a sign of dynamic AI.
---
If sweetness can win - and it can - then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend.
#6FrankulaPosted 6/12/2014 4:35:55 PM
ZBug_ posted...

This, maybe even go further and give them weekly routines

Stahp i'm already hyped enough... i should probably just leave
---
3DS FC: 5198-2436-3573
PS4: AtomKick
#7aLINKtothePANTSPosted 6/12/2014 4:40:18 PM
MrKoyemshi posted...

Hopefully a sign of dynamic AI.

The issue with this is the question of NPCs dying. It would be kind of strange if one of them got shot by the monster and just kept running as if nothing happened.