Friendly reminder that Zelda has awful character development

#21Faliz18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 1:42:56 PM
Aether_Light posted...
I always hoped that you would stop posting here. That you'd go outside, play a sport, find a girlfriend. I have this fantasy, you see. That one Friday night I would be out on the town and stop by this little bar to grab a pint, and I'd see you there with a 5/10. I'd recognize you by your squats and oats. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor I to you, but we'd both know... that you'd moved on. Instead you sit in your damned cave using memes from Reddit and making fun of video games on a message board.

At the very least, I was at marching band from 8 to 6 today. Not a sport but I'd say it's active enough.
---
World Renowned Savior of the Zelda Series
#22Aether_LightPosted 7/16/2014 1:48:36 PM
Faliz18 posted...
Aether_Light posted...
I always hoped that you would stop posting here. That you'd go outside, play a sport, find a girlfriend. I have this fantasy, you see. That one Friday night I would be out on the town and stop by this little bar to grab a pint, and I'd see you there with a 5/10. I'd recognize you by your squats and oats. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor I to you, but we'd both know... that you'd moved on. Instead you sit in your damned cave using memes from Reddit and making fun of video games on a message board.

At the very least, I was at marching band from 8 to 6 today. Not a sport but I'd say it's active enough.

It's fine mate. Ironically I was using a meme myself, so take it lightly. And at least you're outside doing something,, be it marching band or a sport.
---
...He Said Awkwardly...
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1383/97/1383978990792.gif
#23chazmataz123Posted 7/16/2014 1:54:20 PM
Abugumgum posted...
lolFaliz
#24Faliz18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2014 2:20:02 PM
chazmataz123 posted...
Abugumgum posted...
lolFaliz

Who are you?
---
#25asbsandPosted 7/16/2014 2:35:26 PM
Midna is okay.
---
As a gamer, I've been spoiled by Ace Attorney, Mass Effect and the Zelda games. Why aren't all games this good!?
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3323-8264
#26SolidKnightPosted 7/16/2014 4:25:46 PM
Stupid Pirate Guy posted...
Tetra and Groose had good development arcs. I'm sure there must be more but my mind is coming up blank.

Not really. Groose was just a stereotypical cartoon bully who suddenly became helpful in light of the plight.

Tetra ran her course then had her personality disappear the moment she became Zelda then turned back into Tetra after everything was over.
#27PictocheatPosted 7/16/2014 7:47:02 PM(edited)
At least someone else hates Colin. His scenes were embarrassing to watch.

...like the ending to The Amazing Spider-Man 2
---
U say U want a Revolution
Well, U know Wii all want to change the world
#28iKhanicPosted 7/16/2014 8:04:09 PM
Pictocheat posted...

Amazing Spider-man 2 was ass in its entirety.

Colin is one of the most interesting and developing NPCs in the entire franchise.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#29Faliz18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 3:44:33 AM
iKhanic posted...
Pictocheat posted...

Amazing Spider-man 2 was ass in its entirety.

Colin is one of the most interesting and developing NPCs in the entire franchise.

You say that, but that doesn't mean it's true.

On paper, Colin might seem like a good idea. But the actual game doesn't have the emotional attachment required to pull it off. There's no voice acting and I can only like a character who is a box of text so much.

In execution, throughout the entire story I did not give a single f*** about any of those stupid kids or the boring love interest.
---
#30iKhanicPosted 7/17/2014 7:43:30 AM
No, Colin and the Kids were good in execution. Ilia not so much, as she mostly just complains to you, kind of like SS Zelda.

I don't see what there isn't to like about the kids though. All they do is idolize you and try to act like you in different ways (except Malo, he's a creep). How can you not love characters who do that?
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy