Friendly reminder that Zelda has awful character development

#31Alan_00XPosted 7/17/2014 8:46:32 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#32dreamkaster64Posted 7/17/2014 10:52:08 AM
Faliz18 posted...

Stupid Pirate Guy posted...
Tetra and Groose had good development arcs. I'm sure there must be more but my mind is coming up blank.

Groose developed, sure, but it wasn't what I'd call GOOD development. He used to be Link's rival. He was actually funny. Pretty much the only good thing about SS. Then by the end of the game they can't even claim that because, like Tetra, he loses most personality and just becomes another generic helping Link character.

Groose was funny in the beginning of skyward sword but I don't think he becomes less interesting at the end of the game. His development made me like him more. Knowing how big of an ego he has and then seeing him act as a determined supporting character made me respect and admire him.plus its not like he doesn't have any funny moments after the 1st imprisoned fight. His cocky explanation of his catapult during the Imprisoned 2 fight was great.
---
"the truth isn't fact or reason, its what everyone agrees on " the Wizard of Oz
3ds FC: Marx, 2809-7401-6154
#33Faliz18(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 4:17:05 PM
iKhanic posted...
No, Colin and the Kids were good in execution. Ilia not so much, as she mostly just complains to you, kind of like SS Zelda.

I don't see what there isn't to like about the kids though. All they do is idolize you and try to act like you in different ways (except Malo, he's a creep). How can you not love characters who do that?

Because I'm not some pale freak sitting in a basement getting hard when video game characters praise me.
---
World Renowned Savior of the Zelda Series
#34iKhanicPosted 7/17/2014 8:53:48 PM
Faliz18 posted...
iKhanic posted...
No, Colin and the Kids were good in execution. Ilia not so much, as she mostly just complains to you, kind of like SS Zelda.

I don't see what there isn't to like about the kids though. All they do is idolize you and try to act like you in different ways (except Malo, he's a creep). How can you not love characters who do that?

Because I'm not some pale freak sitting in a basement getting hard when video game characters praise me.

So you prefer it when people ignore you or insult you than praise you... okay...
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#35Alan_00XPosted 7/17/2014 9:15:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#36HeroicSomaCruzPosted 7/17/2014 9:22:46 PM
Zelda was never meant to be story driven, and Miyamoto makes sure of this. Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and I heard there was a lot of lore for Skyward Sword that got cut out.
---
NNID: OgnarPliskin. I stream games. Dark Souls, Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and more.
twitch.tv/ognarpliskin
#37Aether_LightPosted 7/17/2014 9:50:27 PM
HeroicSomaCruz posted...
Zelda was never meant to be story driven, and Miyamoto makes sure of this. Look at Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and I heard there was a lot of lore for Skyward Sword that got cut out.

You're terrible. Just stop.
---
...He Said Awkwardly...
http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1383/97/1383978990792.gif
#38terminacarnivalPosted 7/17/2014 10:48:08 PM
As someone who played TP 3 times, who the **** is Colin?
---
Ready for adventure!
#39GamerTaiPosted 7/17/2014 11:21:19 PM
terminacarnival posted...
As someone who played TP 3 times, who the **** is Colin?

As someone who played TP 1 time, I can tell you that he was the blonde haired kid who started out as a wimp and became slightly less wimpy around halfway through the game. Unfortunately, it was because of this character development that he makes Beth's heart go doki doki. There were plenty of other waifus in TP to choose from, but losing one of them still stings.
---
Make a GamerTai ATTN Topic today! Number of GamerTai ATTN Topics: 405
http://zeldawtwii.proboards.com/
#40DogMutoPosted 7/18/2014 4:49:30 AM
iKhanic posted...
Faliz18 posted...
iKhanic posted...

So you prefer it when people ignore you or insult you than praise you... okay...

>implying
---
9 out of 10 voices are telling me I'm sane
Voice number 10 is humming the Persona 4 Theme