Should Monolith Soft develop this game instead of Nintendo EAD?

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 5/2/2012 6:36:29 AM
I mean, Xenoblade Chronicles turned out to be so much more epic than Skyward Sword, so maybe Zelda needs a new design studio.
#2Tempest717Posted 5/2/2012 8:00:10 AM
They did help make SS in some way.
---
Official King of the Time Travelers 3DS/Vita/PSP Board
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#3ArcvalonsPosted 5/2/2012 8:14:28 AM
YES
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#4Tsuki_shimaPosted 5/2/2012 1:01:13 PM
Arcvalons posted...
YES

x9000
#5MetalKirbyPlushPosted 5/2/2012 4:51:45 PM
I'd be interested in what they'd try with Zelda.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#6SepewrathPosted 5/2/2012 5:35:55 PM
No, absolutely not. Xenoblade has a great overworld, though I think its better suited for Monster Hunter than Zelda. But they have way too many glaring design flaws in Xenoblade to touch a Zelda game.
#7Emerald_Melios(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 5:49:01 PM
Sepewrath posted...
No, absolutely not. Xenoblade has a great overworld, though I think its better suited for Monster Hunter than Zelda. But they have way too many glaring design flaws in Xenoblade to touch a Zelda game.

What do you mean?
#8RECON64bitPosted 5/2/2012 6:09:24 PM
xenoblade is an overrated RPG. just because it came out for the Wii it gets high praise. Put it on any other console and the game would be generic. In that same sense monolithsoft would not make a good developer for a Zelda game because they are stuck in their old ways. monolith soft as the developer would make for a game similar to twilight princess.
#9SepewrathPosted 5/2/2012 7:04:03 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
Sepewrath posted...

What do you mean?

There a bunch of small-moderate user interface issues, that together turn into a big annoyance. The game overall is great, I'm having a lot of fun with it. However the UI and gameplay design is central to a Zelda game, Xenoblade doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in their ability to handle that.
#10Tempest717Posted 5/2/2012 7:06:04 PM
Why don't we have a compromise then, Monolith designs the world and dungeons, while the regular Zelda team designs characters, story, puzzles and gameplay/interactions.
---
Official King of the Time Travelers 3DS/Vita/PSP Board
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF