Should it go back to three hearts? Or even start with ONE heart?

#1Braver_Angel_70Posted 5/18/2012 6:37:36 PM
Skyward sword... 6 Hearts at start. I couldn't believe it then and I still can't. If he started with one heart wouldn't that make you want to find the other hearts that much more?
And instead of enemies that block 75% of your attacks they should just be focused on attacking and dodging. The more deeper and advanced the dungeons the more infested with baddies they become.

MORE Advanced AI too. *Stupid arrow shooters keep shooting the ground when far away. Even in SS.*

I want A.I. that hides and then attacks me from behind and runs away if I disarm them.

What's the deal with enemies being allergic to water?
---
Metroid Prime Trilogy by Retro. j03b0b0fd00m said,"Retro can make the canon their BDSM butt buddies for all I care."
#2fddsfsasfPosted 5/18/2012 7:03:28 PM
Hated the six hearts. I liked being substantially stronger endgame than I was in the beginning. 3 hearts just works better that way.
#3NihiloExistantPosted 5/18/2012 9:05:46 PM
I didn't mind starting with six hearts in the beginning of SS, actually. I mean, the controls were fairly unfamiliar and the extra hearts helped quite a bit to counterbalance that unfamiliarity. That said, it would have been nice if they brought the starting heart count back down to three for hero mode.
---
--
A void, the proud and sinister dream of being nothing, of being always something other than I am.
#4GoombacrusherPosted 5/18/2012 9:40:49 PM
Yeah, 3 Hearts is fine.

I agree, enemies should be more aggressive and force you to dodge more. Also the enemies at the end of the game should be doing more damage than the enemies in the first dungeons
---
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BringBackToonami
Get Adult Swim to permanently bring back the greatest programming block ever!
#5SepewrathPosted 5/18/2012 10:28:57 PM
Starting would one heart would be pointless.
#6RedwingedMinxPosted 5/18/2012 11:33:40 PM(edited)
3 is fine but I hope Zelda never comes too challenging. I look at it as a more light hearted type of series where I can just be laid back and not worry about technique or anything. For me its the type of game I could introduce to a nongamer or a casual gamer and they can have fun w/ it too. Its for everyone. :)

For the people who want an extreme challenge I think they should include a hard mode that is available from the start where you start off w/ 1 heart and enemies can do a full heart worth of damage. Also your shield can be destroyed (no matter what type you have) and you have to pay to get it fixed. So if it breaks in the middle of a dungeon you have to get back to town and hope you make it back in one piece. Also enemies will chase you for longer periods of time and if they have long ranged attacks they will use it. So you could be hurrying to town get hit with a deku nut or something and get a game over. Since getting more hearts would reduce the challenge bosses will no longer drop them and you have to go out of your way to find them.
#7Braver_Angel_70(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2012 6:23:00 AM
RedwingedMinx posted...
3 is fine but I hope Zelda never comes too challenging. I look at it as a more light hearted type of series where I can just be laid back and not worry about technique or anything. For me its the type of game I could introduce to a nongamer or a casual gamer and they can have fun w/ it too. Its for everyone. :)

For the people who want an extreme challenge I think they should include a hard mode that is available from the start where you start off w/ 1 heart and enemies can do a full heart worth of damage. Also your shield can be destroyed (no matter what type you have) and you have to pay to get it fixed. So if it breaks in the middle of a dungeon you have to get back to town and hope you make it back in one piece. Also enemies will chase you for longer periods of time and if they have long ranged attacks they will use it. So you could be hurrying to town get hit with a deku nut or something and get a game over. Since getting more hearts would reduce the challenge bosses will no longer drop them and you have to go out of your way to find them.

F yeah! I agree... I want this.
---
Metroid Prime Trilogy by Retro. j03b0b0fd00m said,"Retro can make the canon their BDSM butt buddies for all I care."
#8ArcvalonsPosted 5/19/2012 11:20:04 AM
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. If I remain a virgin until I reach 30 I become a wizard. - gamerTai.
#9Tempest717Posted 5/19/2012 2:00:56 PM
Why not a fourth of a heart?
---
Official King of the Time Travelers 3DS/Vita/PSP Board
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#10gfxdragongodPosted 5/20/2012 5:06:32 PM
Definitely 3 hearts. I really didn't like starting out with 6 hearts in SS. It took away the feeling of being vulnerable to the world as you just start your journey.
And, of course, who doesn't love collecting hearts?? 12 less heart containers to collect, which is a big let down.:(