The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What would everyone feel about...

#11918mePosted 5/27/2012 11:55:20 AM
A throwback to the 2d Zeldas, NSMBW/DCKR/KRD style? Imagine Loz, Zelda 2, or ALtttP with HD graphics, updated gameplay, and perhaps multiplayer (Four Swords style, maybe).
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre
#2Mirror_ShieldPosted 5/27/2012 12:42:14 PM
That would be great. I sort of miss the 2d games.
#3kamikazetomatoPosted 5/27/2012 2:08:03 PM
This game clearly won't be that.

2D Zeldas are on the whole better than 3D Zeldas (see: Link's Awakening, Oracles). And another 2D Zelda would be a welcome experience, especially if Capcom was involved. PH and ST were great, if short and divisive (dungeons were terribly short but items were amazing and certain bosses really stood out).

Graphics on the other hand really don't matter from a top-down 2D perspective. I mean I guess we can keep going down the PH/ST "2D game with 3D graphics" road but honestly there's nothing wrong with Oracles graphics at all.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#41918me(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2012 2:31:42 PM
kamikazetomato posted...
This game clearly won't be that.

2D Zeldas are on the whole better than 3D Zeldas (see: Link's Awakening, Oracles). And another 2D Zelda would be a welcome experience, especially if Capcom was involved. PH and ST were great, if short and divisive (dungeons were terribly short but items were amazing and certain bosses really stood out).

Graphics on the other hand really don't matter from a top-down 2D perspective. I mean I guess we can keep going down the PH/ST "2D game with 3D graphics" road but honestly there's nothing wrong with Oracles graphics at all.

Yeah, fair enough. It just seems like, if Nintendo follows their current trend of 2d reboots, Zelda seems like the natural next step.
---
I'm not even going to try to make my sig stand out like most people do.
"I've seen this sig several different times." ~Maj_Massacre