What would you want the plot to be?

#31DarkMark42Posted 7/4/2012 7:40:59 PM
Stop it. Just stop it. DO NOT compare the softest, most childish entry in the Zelda series to Batman.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
#32thedeerzord(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2012 9:13:30 PM
OOOOOHHH MYYYY GOOOOOOOODDD. Quit arguing and tell me your plot idea!
---
Legion
#33GoombacrusherPosted 7/4/2012 10:29:43 PM
@DarkMark
1) WW is far from being the softest, most childish entry in the sseries. I'd say the original holds that title, but that's just because of the technology at the time. All Zelda games have dark elements
2) If you don't recall said face-stabbing, you obviously haven't played WW to completion or don't remember it well. Therefore, you are in absolutely no position to judge the game or how dark it is, and are probably just spouting crap based on the graphics.
3) Yes cartoons can indeed be dark. And not just Batman. Even Disney films for kids are quite dark at times.
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#34DarkMark42Posted 7/4/2012 11:23:08 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
@DarkMark
1) WW is far from being the softest, most childish entry in the sseries. I'd say the original holds that title, but that's just because of the technology at the time. All Zelda games have dark elements
2) If you don't recall said face-stabbing, you obviously haven't played WW to completion or don't remember it well. Therefore, you are in absolutely no position to judge the game or how dark it is, and are probably just spouting crap based on the graphics.
3) Yes cartoons can indeed be dark. And not just Batman. Even Disney films for kids are quite dark at times.

1) True, most Zeldas have dark elements; with WW being the sole exception.
2) Oh big whoop. Ganon gets slashed by Link's sword. Never seen that one.
3)Well this cartoon is soft and childish.
---
#35DekuFireMagePosted 7/4/2012 11:41:48 PM
DarkMark42 posted...
@DarkMark

...Did you missed the part where ALL OF HYRULE WAS DESTROYED and ALOT of people died. Seriously everything from OOT is gone and theres nothing but a shadow left. Forgetting anything to do with graphics, name one thing in a Zelda game thats darker than that. And Ganon didn't get "slashed, big woop" he gotted STABBED IN THE HEAD. Yeah, no Zelda game is dark, and that doesn't matter anyway, but saying this game is nothing but silly and childish just makes you sound like an ignorant troll.
#36DarkMark42Posted 7/5/2012 12:10:04 AM
alien21195 posted...
DarkMark42 posted...
@DarkMark

...Did you missed the part where ALL OF HYRULE WAS DESTROYED and ALOT of people died. Seriously everything from OOT is gone and theres nothing but a shadow left. Forgetting anything to do with graphics, name one thing in a Zelda game thats darker than that. And Ganon didn't get "slashed, big woop" he gotted STABBED IN THE HEAD. Yeah, no Zelda game is dark, and that doesn't matter anyway, but saying this game is nothing but silly and childish just makes you sound like an ignorant troll.

OMFG THATS SO UNBELIEVABLY GRUESOME

And let's see- the Moon, led by some psychopath mask who took over a character with a creepy name(Skull Kid); grilling Termina and ready to completely destroy everyone and everything. Link was just looking for his friend before getting jumped and robbed. Old ladies getting robbed at midnight. Epona's locked up. Creatures dying and leaving behind their masks. Gorons are freezing their butts off and the baby is crying for his dad. The Zora girl looks horribly depressed. Romani's younger sister is just a playful lil girl who has to tell Link how a bunch of aliens threaten the ranch. The constant evil music and overall them of despair throughout the entire game. Need I go on?

And TP. Where we have people hiding in Kakariko Village out of intense anxiety of getting attacked by the Shadow Creatures(in which I will mention the Twilight Realm) Link getting locked up and turned into a powerful wolf. Zant. Zant. Zant, that insane luncatic. Honestly, don't get me started on how much darker TP is than your precious lil WW, cuz then I'll be writing for hours.
---
#37kamikazetomatoPosted 7/5/2012 12:21:11 AM
DarkMark42 posted...

And let's see- the Moon, led by some psychopath mask who took over a character with a creepy name(Skull Kid); grilling Termina and ready to completely destroy everyone and everything. Link was just looking for his friend before getting jumped and robbed. Old ladies getting robbed at midnight. Epona's locked up. Creatures dying and leaving behind their masks. Gorons are freezing their butts off and the baby is crying for his dad. The Zora girl looks horribly depressed. Romani's younger sister is just a playful lil girl who has to tell Link how a bunch of aliens threaten the ranch. The constant evil music and overall them of despair throughout the entire game. Need I go on?

And TP. Where we have people hiding in Kakariko Village out of intense anxiety of getting attacked by the Shadow Creatures(in which I will mention the Twilight Realm) Link getting locked up and turned into a powerful wolf. Zant. Zant. Zant, that insane luncatic. Honestly, don't get me started on how much darker TP is than your precious lil WW, cuz then I'll be writing for hours.

So your argument essentially boils down to there being a finite amount of heavy material available to Zelda and that because MM and TP are "dark", this means that WW can't be. The idea that every game in the series can have heavier moments and lighter moments is impossible because it's a zero-sum game.

In other words, "Zooey Deschanel CAN'T be attractive! Because Rihanna is!"

(Also you're clearly like eleven years old if you think Link turning into "a powerful wolf" is dark material.)
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#38DarkMark42Posted 7/5/2012 12:30:08 AM
kamikazetomato posted...
DarkMark42 posted...

So your argument essentially boils down to there being a finite amount of heavy material available to Zelda and that because MM and TP are "dark", this means that WW can't be. The idea that every game in the series can have heavier moments and lighter moments is impossible because it's a zero-sum game.

In other words, "Zooey Deschanel CAN'T be attractive! Because Rihanna is!"

(Also you're clearly like eleven years old if you think Link turning into "a powerful wolf" is dark material.)

I was responding to his statement of naming 1 thing darker than what he mentioned. I ended up with a lot more than one.

And TP is more the type of game that has to be played and experienced to understand its darkness rather than being described.
---
#39kamikazetomatoPosted 7/5/2012 12:40:43 AM(edited)
Fine, I'll play your little game:

Wind Waker is a game where an orphan has one of his only two remaining family members kidnapped, leaving his elderly grandmother literally sick with depression, and he must leave everything he's known to find her. He travels great stretches of monster-infested waters by himself, and has great expectations thrust upon him despite his youth and inexperience. He faces a villain who caused the desolate post-apocalyptic emptiness of the sea, and this villain is kidnapping innocent girls to further his goals; moreover, he murdered two sages whose spirits you must assist to defeat him. And when the story ends, the world doesn't get better. The land below stays sunken forever, your staunchest ally dies and you're left in a world still largely destroyed by the ghosts of the past. The future must be found in the unknown beyond, rather than safety and long-term security being provided for by the hero's actions.

Meanwhile, Majora's Mask is the game that introduced Tingle and has a minigame where you race a pair of beavers in propeller beanies and floatie tubes. Twilight Princess is the game where you help a baby open a new store and get a clown's help to travel to distant lands by being shot out of a cannon.

Oh look, I can nitpick without seeing the big picture too! There is no such thing as gray, you're either a DARK GAME for MATURE GROWN UPS or a lighthearted snoozefest, it is impossible for a game to have elements of both.
---
King of the Zelda Wii U WT Board
http://i.imgur.com/RK6EB.png
#40DarkMark42Posted 7/5/2012 12:42:04 AM
kamikazetomato posted...
Fine, I'll play your little game:

Wind Waker is a game where an orphan has one of his only two remaining family members kidnapped, leaving his elderly grandmother literally sick with depression, and he must leave everything he's known to find her. He travels great stretches of monster-infested waters by himself, and has great expectations thrust upon him despite his youth and inexperience. He faces a villain who caused the desolate post-apocalyptic emptiness of the sea, and this villain is kidnapping innocent girls to further his goals; moreover, he murdered two sages whose spirits you must assist to defeat him. And when the story ends, the world doesn't get better. The land below stays sunken forever, your staunchest ally dies and you're left in a world still largely destroyed by the ghosts of the past. The future must be found in the unknown beyond, rather than safety and long-term security being provided for by the hero's actions.

Meanwhile, Majora's Mask is the game that introduced Tingle and has a minigame where you race a pair of beavers in propeller beanies and floatie tubes. Twilight Princess is the game where you help a baby open a new store and get a clown's help to travel to distant lands by being shot out of a cannon.

Oh look, I can nitpick without seeing the big picture too! There is no such thing as gray, you're either a DARK GAME for MATURE GROWN UPS or a lighthearted snoozefest, it is impossible for a game to have elements of both.

And WW still manages to make all of that appear happy and go-lucky.

You're not changing my opinion, K.
---