Sadly, the Zelda fanbase has become graphics/visuals obsessed.

#1GalvanizationPosted 9/25/2012 2:04:23 PM(edited)
I never thought I'd ever see this, but it's happened.

The Zelda fanbase is divided with regards to what they want from Zelda U. What is it that divides us? The graphics/visuals. We're bickering about what we want from the graphics/visuals of Zelda U. Is this really what the Zelda fanbase has become?

This is why I say that Ninty should have never created Toon Link for a mainline 3D Zelda game. They should have stuck with the OoT/MM visuals in 3D Zelda games indefinitely. All they would need to do is just beef up the polygon count each time.

Nintendo have been smart with mainline 3D Super Mario games, as they've made each use the same graphics/visuals since Super Mario 64. That's why you never see an art style debate in a discussion about the mainline 3D Super Mario games.

Also, look at all these other popular series that have 3D graphics: Assassin's Creed, Gears of War, Uncharted, Mass Effect, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Tekken, Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, Call of Duty, Battlefield. There is no whining and complaining about the art style between the mainline 3D games and how one is better than all other. Why? Because the art style is always the same. Each mainline 3D game has always used the same art style as the first game in the series that was 3D. As a result, the fanbase of these games has accustomed to this and are only interested in what's new in the story and gameplay.

The Zelda fanbase is the total opposite to all these examples. All I see see is whining and complaining and people saying one art style is better and the others suck. The Zelda fanbase debates about the graphics/visuals all the f***king time! Is this what we've been reduced to? We now care more about the graphics/visuals even more than the gameplay? This needs to stop or this fanbase, and the Zelda series itself, will fall further into irrelevance in modern gaming.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#2SkyCrackersPosted 9/25/2012 1:58:57 PM
Lol go crawl in a hole TP art style n00b
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#3Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 2:06:59 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Lol go crawl in a hole TP art style n00b

And thus the statement in the OP is validated.
---
"JRPGs are not mainly about story. That's just a trend FF started. Look at the huge sales of Pokemon. Do people buy it for the story? Hell no! " ~ Vex
#4SwagodilePosted 9/25/2012 2:45:57 PM
Troll topic.
---
I <3 tsundere
#5RedwingedMinxPosted 9/25/2012 2:55:23 PM
I only notice alot of people hating on them making stylish games and clamoring for a realistic Zelda but trust me and Nintendo. Realism like this http://all-things-andy-gavin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/the-last-of-us-promo-pic.jpg wont fit Zelda. It just wont guys.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/204/9/1/trollface_toon_link_by_dragonofwarmirage-d41fwo7.jpg
#6MetalKirbyPlushPosted 9/25/2012 3:22:09 PM
Stop creating new topics from side points you made in your previous topics.
---
Samus ruined Metroid forever. She keeps killing them. ~CTsChoco
#7iKhanicPosted 9/25/2012 4:18:54 PM
I see what you are saying. You are not saying you dislike the Wind Waker art style, you're saying it was an unwise move on Nintendo's part. I agree, but not because I don't like the varying art styles. After Ocarina of Time, Nintendo really had a good shot at capturing "Hardcore" gamers (i.e. people who own only PS's and/or XBOX's and whine NINTENDO IS 4 BABIES). But they sort of threw that out the window by using an art style that turned controversial.

On the other hand, I really feel that discussion on art style for this game is warranted because this is Nintendo's first HD console. Fans want the game to live to its maximum visual potential on the Wii U. While I'm 100% okay with WW and SS's graphical style, I do NOT want them in the first Wii U Zelda game because the game wont be able to maximize its visual potential.
---
Ghirahim, Wolf Link+Midna, Lloyd Irving (with Spada Belforma costume), Bowser Jr, and a Star Wars character for SSB4
#8Galvanization(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 5:35:44 AM
iKhanic posted...
I see what you are saying. You are not saying you dislike the Wind Waker art style, you're saying it was an unwise move on Nintendo's part. I agree, but not because I don't like the varying art styles. After Ocarina of Time, Nintendo really had a good shot at capturing "Hardcore" gamers (i.e. people who own only PS's and/or XBOX's and whine NINTENDO IS 4 BABIES). But they sort of threw that out the window by using an art style that turned controversial.

Exactly what I'm getting at. Thanks for understanding my point.
---
#9wingo84Posted 9/26/2012 6:27:43 AM
Slightly over the top... I think it's great that people disagree, it's what we do as humans, it's the whole point of having an oppinion.

The fact Zelda can use completely different visuals in its games and still be successful is fantastic... I like variety and so yes ill agree I prefer certain styles over others, but I like the fact Nintendo can alter Zelda on a huge level but still retain its essence each time.

The fact the art style gets so much attention now seems to be a part of the whole series itself.
---
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wingo84/8019591094/in/photostream/lightbox/
#10Nintendoboy77Posted 9/26/2012 8:27:16 AM
Sadly, the Zelda fanbase has become graphics/visuals obsessed.

No thats just you. Seriously, its the only type of topic you ever make.
---
Currently Awaiting: New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, and Zombiu.
(>'.')>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::