This game should be a sequel to Adventure of Link

#1Emerald_MeliosPosted 9/30/2012 2:04:59 PM
And reveal that none other than a reborn Ghirahim was leading the monsters in Zelda II, who needed Link's blood to revive "Ganon." And speaking of which, said "Ganon" in the original Legend of Zelda is retconned to be a new avatar of Demise rather than Ganondorf (who died in Link to the Past). And now Ghirahim wants to use the Triforce to grant his fabulous wish of resurrecting the Demon King.....
#2DekuFireMagePosted 9/30/2012 4:16:34 PM
So... Ghirahim is Thunder Bird? Seems legit.
---
The official King, now and forever, of the rackattack board. HUZZAH!
#3nahor88Posted 9/30/2012 4:36:38 PM
I've always thought of Dark Link as being Ghirahim reborn.
---
Project M FC: 4940-7491-6762
Eagerly Anticipating - Wii U
#4DekuFireMagePosted 9/30/2012 4:41:35 PM
nahor88 posted...
I've always thought of Dark Link as being Ghirahim reborn.

Dark Link is in no way associated with the word "fabulous." Also, I thought the mirror created him, and Ganon also made a version of Dark Link.
---
The official King, now and forever, of the rackattack board. HUZZAH!
#5SnowBrigadierPosted 9/30/2012 10:44:47 PM
AoL's Dark Link was just a test to see if Link was worthy of the Triforce of Courage. It's not related to anything evil.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#6Gaawa_chanPosted 10/1/2012 3:17:14 AM
I would very much like it if Ghirahim was in a future installment.
---
"Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error." - Linus Pauling
#7chumpykalamoonaPosted 10/4/2012 10:55:52 AM
I couldn't care less about a story sequel to Adventure of Link. But I do think a gameplay sequel would be amazing.
Zelda II was limited by the NES's technology. A side-scrolling RPG Zelda done today (perhaps on the 3DS) would be amazing. They can have actual combo attacks with the sword, new items and magic abilities, and tons of other stuff.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#8Someguy_13Posted 10/4/2012 1:43:41 PM(edited)
alien21195 posted...
So... Ghirahim is Thunder Bird? Seems legit.

I'm pretty sure the bosses in that game aren't Ganon's minions. They're guardians of the palaces.

chumpykalamoona posted...
. They can have actual combo attacks with the sword.

This would ruin the game.

Part of what makes Zelda II so amazing is the combat. Having to constantly alter where you're blocking while worrying about getting a hit in feels so cool.

Being able to follow up on your one hit into a more damaging combo would make it easier and take away from that.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#9chumpykalamoonaPosted 10/4/2012 2:23:08 PM
Someguy_13 posted...
Part of what makes Zelda II so amazing is the combat. Having to constantly alter where you're blocking while worrying about getting a hit in feels so cool.

Being able to follow up on your one hit into a more damaging combo would make it easier and take away from that.

Obviously a new game wouldn't be a carbon copy of an old one. The mechanics would be altered to allow for combo attacks while making enemies more aggressive, able to break combos, or any number of other abilities.

Dismissing new features because old games didn't have them is short-sighted.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!
#10Someguy_13Posted 10/4/2012 6:02:54 PM
chumpykalamoona posted...
Someguy_13 posted...

Obviously a new game wouldn't be a carbon copy of an old one. The mechanics would be altered to allow for combo attacks while making enemies more aggressive, able to break combos, or any number of other abilities.

Dismissing new features because old games didn't have them is short-sighted.

I'm not dismissing a new feature because it's new.
I'm dismissing a new feature that completely misses the point of the combat in the original game.

I'm not saying it shouldn't evolve at all. What I'm saying is that that particular way wouldn't be a very good evolution.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010