Might be alone in this, but...

#111alpha1Posted 10/1/2012 11:48:25 AM
iKhanic posted...
Look, I used to be in the same boat of not wanting voice acting, but then I played a game with excellent voice acting, and I realized that if Zelda could hit something like that, it would be a better game.

Perhaps so, but its a gamble that Nintendo will have to call. If things don't go as planned, it could end up being a huge loss. However, I think it'd be best if Link stayed mute (which is what most people want anyways).
---
Ganondorf has traveled to the far reaches of the universe, with only a drop of his pants.
#12KingBeetlePosted 10/1/2012 2:22:21 PM
It doesn't really add or take away anything to the game, so I don't really care.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#13Muljo StphoPosted 10/1/2012 3:57:24 PM
I'm neutral on games having voice acting. If it's there, cool. If it's not, cool. I'm going to have subtitles on in a voice acted game anyway to read along (or sometimes to read at my own pace and cut the spoken lines off when I'm ready to read the next line). What bugs me are the people who act like they're allergic to reading and couldn't possibly play a game without voice acting.
---
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby
#14SkyCrackersPosted 10/1/2012 7:53:47 PM
I haven't seen any great need for voice acting in Zelda. My imagination fills it in for me, and I haven't ever felt like the lack of VA has taken away from the immersion. That said, I'm sure decent VA would still add something to the experience.

If they do have VA in the next game, then I hope they only do it for important scenes, and not for any random NPC, because I hate hearing them slowly speak unimportant lines while I read quickly and cut them off in the middle of each paragraph. Also, they definitely should remove the option to name Link, instead of forcing every character to avoid speaking his name.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#15chumpykalamoonaPosted 10/3/2012 9:57:39 AM
Keith David as Ganondorf.
That is all.
---
Are you okay!? BUSTAH WULF!