Best Villains Tournament: Dark Link vs. Agahnim

#1iKhanicPosted 10/3/2012 2:53:34 PM
Which villain do you prefer? - Results (26 votes)
Dark Link
53.85% (14 votes)
Agahnim
46.15% (12 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I tried this earlier, but I didn't have the ability to create polls, so I didn't get the amount of response I needed. Now I can, and i'm doing a tournament to determine the best Zelda villains. This time i'm skipping all the seeding bullcrap (just wont work on forums) and using a randomized bracket.

I'll allow voting for each matchup to continue for 3-days, then I will put the next set up. The bracket is here http://images.challonge.com/ZeldaVillains.png

Todays matchup is between Dark Link, the recurring villain/boss in the series (AoL, OoT, FSA), and Agahnim, the villain from A Link to the Past who is trying to unseal Ganon. Note: this tournament is to judge the character's villain-like qualities, not their boss battle. Please take that into account with Dark Link

NOTE: Just to clarify, I am NOT voting on any of these. In the case there is a tie, I will break it with my vote unless I haven't played one of the games. In that case, I will leave the vote open and give it to whoever gets the next vote.

I'm predicting Dark Link. It just seems like he's a popular villain

RESULTS:
Bellum 6 Onox 11-winner
Majora 28-winner Demise 15
Ghirahim 26-winner Twinrova 9
Vaati 17 Zant 19- winner
Veran 12- winner Chancellor Cole 7
---
I want Miis in SSB4. Deal with it
#2KainWindPosted 10/3/2012 3:02:51 PM
If it were up to me, these two would be final four at worst.
---
I had this incredibly, unbelievably, amazingly, fantastically directionally-challenged guy with me right here...
http://i.imgur.com/p0ZKo.png
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 3:10:06 PM
KainWind posted...
If it were up to me, these two would be final four at worst.

Thats the price you pay for a randomized bracket. No one complains that it's biased, but no one is happy either.
---
#4iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:11:08 AM
bump
---
#5KingBeetlePosted 10/4/2012 3:57:03 PM
Dark Link has zip villain qualities. Verrrrrry boring.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:10:20 PM
KingBeetle posted...
Dark Link has zip villain qualities. Verrrrrry boring.

But a lot of fans like to extrapolate a story for who he is exactly. That is completely fair game.
---
#7SnowBrigadierPosted 10/4/2012 4:26:20 PM
But a lot of fans like to extrapolate a story for who he is exactly. That is completely fair game.

But we already know just what Dark Link is. There's no need to fanfic up a backstory.
---
And the flesh you so fancifully fry is not succulent, tasty or nice
It's death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder
#8Someguy_13Posted 10/4/2012 5:51:43 PM(edited)
Dark Link has only ever really been a villain in FSA, and even then he was really more just causing mischief rather than actually being villainous.

In AoL he was a representation of Link's impurities created by the Old Man guarding the Triforce of Courage to test if Link was worthy of receiving it. He wasn't at all evil.

In OoT he was just a miniboss created by Ganon. Lesser enemies like minibosses and bosses don't count as villains.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#9iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:11:39 AM
Hey everyone, I don't think I will have access to internet tomorrow, so there won't be a new poll tomorrow. What I'm going to do is leave this one running an extra day
---