Should I play Majora's Mask?

#11Nintendoboy77Posted 10/7/2012 3:57:26 PM
I couldn't get myself to finish the first dungeon. The gameplay wasn't very fun and the whole time I played, everything seemed so lifeless. I had no idea why I was suppose to save this town. There wasn't any emotional connection like I had with OoT, WW, TP, and SS where it felt like you had to do the things in the game because everything is screwed if you don't. In MM, everything already seems dead, even though all the people in the town are happy, just the whole atmosphere of the game... dead.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but this game seems very filler-ish to me. Idk, maybe I'll pick it up again in a few years, but right now, I don't even wanna touch it!
---
Currently Awaiting: New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.
(>'.')>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
#12DarkMark420Posted 10/7/2012 5:13:51 PM
Go for it.
---
Not changing sig until the Seahawks win the Super Bowl
#13Sol_ClydePosted 10/7/2012 7:34:20 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
I couldn't get myself to finish the first dungeon. The gameplay wasn't very fun and the whole time I played, everything seemed so lifeless. I had no idea why I was suppose to save this town. There wasn't any emotional connection like I had with OoT, WW, TP, and SS where it felt like you had to do the things in the game because everything is screwed if you don't. In MM, everything already seems dead, even though all the people in the town are happy, just the whole atmosphere of the game... dead.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but this game seems very filler-ish to me. Idk, maybe I'll pick it up again in a few years, but right now, I don't even wanna touch it!

It is filler-ish.
But that's not really what's wrong with the game.

(Not saying it isn't good thought)
---
Want to make the boards a better place?
REPORT bad posts and topics so the moderators can do something about it.
#14LePhenomPosted 10/8/2012 9:28:47 AM
To a couple comments above:

If you take the time to do the side quests, you'll notice that the characters are the deepest you can find in any Zelda games, making you attached to them, giving you a reason to want to help them and the town.
#15Blind_The_ThiefPosted 10/8/2012 9:39:41 AM
It's not the second coming of Christ people on this board make it out to be, but it's certainly good enough to be worth a playthrough or two.
---
Ridley will be playable in SSB4. If he is not, I will close my account.
#16MatelitePosted 10/8/2012 10:50:38 AM
Nintendoboy77 posted...

The giant moon and tremors escaped you?
---
HEH HEH HEH
#17Nintendoboy77Posted 10/8/2012 12:21:27 PM
Matelite posted...
Nintendoboy77 posted...

The giant moon and tremors escaped you?

Read the part after that. I'm saying in the other games, everything is full of life. In MM, the whole atmosphere makes everything seem dead. So I'm asking myself, why am I going through this game? It's depressing... and that third day... *shivers*
---
Currently Awaiting: New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.
(>'.')>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
#18LordAlistairPosted 10/8/2012 12:28:59 PM(edited)
The moon is only a threat in the very first cycle. After that it's a non-issue since Link can just reset the time cycle over and over again until he stops it.

People exaggerate MM's darkness. However bleak the atmosphere may seem, as soon as Link gets the Ocarina back he (and by extension, all of Termina) are never in any danger.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/
#19kratos9797Posted 10/8/2012 4:21:56 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
I think there are 52 (or was it 56?) heart pieces to be found. Some throught side-quests that involve helping NPCs. (Those quests are actually very fun thought)

Lets see, there are 20 hearts total, you start with 3 and get 4 from bosses so HPs = 4 * (20 - 7) = 4 * 13 = 52 so the former was correct.
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#20DahlVaughnniPosted 10/9/2012 10:29:31 AM
Sol_Clyde posted...
It's my least favorite 3D Zelda but IMO almost all Zeldas are worth playing from beginning to the end, except the handheld ones. (Link's Awakening the only exception)
Haters gonna hate but I was very underwhelmed by Flagship's titles.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Did you just say Link's Awakening is worth playing but Oracle of Seasons and Ages are not??
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207