Because God forbid if there's even a hint of love between Link and...

#11nmnm100Posted 12/3/2012 3:23:03 AM
Eh, I'd actually like there to be hints.... I think SS got it right, but whatever, I honestly play the game for the gameplay first and the story second. Not the other way around. It was how the game was developed in the first place, so no need to really add anymore emphasis to it than there already is
---
I don't get A's, I get S's!
#12iKhanicPosted 12/3/2012 4:14:33 AM
Big_Isaac posted...
I didn't see many people complain about Link + Ilia, actually

It has the same core problem that Link and Zelda had in SS, they try to portray a relationship by having the girl yell and complain at you, while blatantly telling you they are supposed to like each other. It ends up seeming forced.

If they can include some romance in a way that the female character is actually likable (like Collette Brunell), I wouldn't hate it at all
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#13ChimpsonabusPosted 12/3/2012 6:26:28 AM
iKhanic posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

It has the same core problem that Link and Zelda had in SS, they try to portray a relationship by having the girl yell and complain at you, while blatantly telling you they are supposed to like each other. It ends up seeming forced.

In Japanese culture that's how relationships are suppose to work. Japanese men view all girlfriends as potential wives, and wives are supposed to complain a lot, so therefore naggy girlfriend=prime waifu material.

But that's not why people complain about Ilia. People complain about Ilia because she's a bland, unmemorable character. She doesn't have a single personality trait.
#14ADHDguitarPosted 12/3/2012 7:19:32 AM
Emerald_Melios posted...
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DieForOurShip

---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#15iKhanicPosted 12/3/2012 9:23:12 AM
Chimpsonabus posted...
iKhanic posted...
Big_Isaac posted...

In Japanese culture that's how relationships are suppose to work. Japanese men view all girlfriends as potential wives, and wives are supposed to complain a lot, so therefore naggy girlfriend=prime waifu material.

But that's not why people complain about Ilia. People complain about Ilia because she's a bland, unmemorable character. She doesn't have a single personality trait.

Ilia has the same personality that Zelda has in SS
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#16Alan_00XPosted 12/3/2012 12:41:51 PM
But, none of the female leads actually take Link seriously besides Zelda in Zelda II. Link is a loveless fool.
#17ThatPersonGuyPosted 12/3/2012 1:32:40 PM
SkyCrackers posted...
Because God forbid if there's even a hint of love between Link and another female character

Link is a female character?

Why do you think Link and Zelda never got married?
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#18ZvolTxPosted 12/3/2012 3:32:06 PM
The only people who complain are those same people who are WW fanboys. They don't approve of link having a relationship with Zelda.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
"this game will be I survive" - MageGuyInfinity
#19fuzi11Posted 12/3/2012 3:57:47 PM
Marin and Link were kinda cute together. Too bad she was just a dream
#20TheSlinjaPosted 12/3/2012 4:34:30 PM(edited)
I'm not sure I want official shipping in games, unless I have some sorta control over it
because godamn it sucks when your shipping is revealed to be false in a new game

cannon romances are fine though as long as they're obvious
---
Official Guy Who Still Has a Sig From The KingForce
http://i.imgur.com/Ga5xw.png lol DeeJayTee