This game should have full voice acting because it would improve the gameplay

#1FrooPosted 12/2/2012 1:03:18 PM
Imagine actually being able to play the game without having Navi/Midna/Fi stopping the game to pop up a text box with their obvious hint.

Instead they can just speak a general hint first and then be more specific if you're having trouble doing a puzzle or fail a few times fighting an enemy.

If Link actually talked and had a personality like the old 80s cartoon they could have playful banter back and forth that would be fun and have character development instead of being an annoyance that slows the pacing of the game down.

Obviously, that would vastly help the tutorial section as well (which should be a series of pretty linear setpieces that start the game off with a bang... then you get freedom to explore once you learn the game's mechanics.
#2iKhanicPosted 12/2/2012 1:23:26 PM
Yes, but link can't talk.

The only case in which I'd be okay with it is if he says "Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess"
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#3MajorZeroPosted 12/2/2012 1:27:32 PM
Im totally fine with voice acing as long ans Link remains silent...buuut they better have an option to turn hints off then, because I don't want a helper nagging me ever 2 minutes to go visit the deku tree lol
#4enterthemadroxPosted 12/2/2012 2:14:25 PM
Full voice acting will improve gameplay?

So I guess Mario games are unplayable then until Charles Martinet demands a full script instead of random "yahoo"s, right?

Play record!

/blatantRickyGervaisreference
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#5Froo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 2:39:32 PM
The Mario games don't have the extensive tutorials that the 3D Zelda games have.

If Zelda just dropped you straight into the game and let you start playing/exploring right away, I'd be fine with no voice acting again, but I doubt Nintendo is going to suddenly start doing that.
#6Nintendoboy77Posted 12/2/2012 2:41:30 PM
Great idea TC!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vG7emvbhM8
(>'.')>::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
#7ChimpsonabusPosted 12/2/2012 3:35:15 PM
That's actually a very good point in favour of voice acting.
#8Hawker44Posted 12/2/2012 4:13:10 PM
TC, I remember how people said the same thing about if Samus talked, & how many people flocked here to complain about Samus talking again?

Voice acting does nothing for game play, so be honest, you're too lazy to read & just want the game to do it for you.
#9Paper_Mario_4Posted 12/2/2012 4:28:58 PM
Part of the enjoyment of these Zelda games is the reading part...

People wonder why the books they've READ turn out to be "better" than the movies they WATCHED that were adapted to those books. I'll tell you why that is: READING offers a more vigorous intellectual stimulus than simply taking or absorbing a picture in or WATCHING something.

The voice acting is not going to do any good for this series and I'm tired of these fair-weather fans trying to sell the idea.
#10LordAlistairPosted 12/2/2012 4:35:52 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
Part of the enjoyment of these Zelda games is the reading part...

People wonder why the books they've READ turn out to be "better" than the movies they WATCHED that were adapted to those books. I'll tell you why that is: READING offers a more vigorous intellectual stimulus than simply taking or absorbing a picture in or WATCHING something.

The voice acting is not going to do any good for this series and I'm tired of these fair-weather fans trying to sell the idea.

I hope that sounded a lot less stupid in your head.
---
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9710/bossqt.jpg
http://www.zeldaeternity.com/2011/05/you-might-be-a-zelda-hipster/