Does anyone else do this in a Zelda game?

#1spyersPosted 12/4/2012 3:18:36 PM
Whenever you play the game, do you make it your priority to collect every item and fill out your pause screens?

Since I started playing Zelda games, I always seek to find every usable item in order to have a complete item screen. And things like heart pieces and miscellaneous items are always a pleasure to find.

When this new one comes out, more likely I will see to do just that while progressing in the game.

Anyone else does this for a Zelda game?
#2ColebyPosted 12/4/2012 3:38:41 PM
lol yeah. I'm a completionist fanatic; I can't play any Zelda game without exploring every nook and cranny, opening every treasure chest, collecting every Piece of Heart, playing every minigame & sidequest, maximizing the wallet and obtaining all quiver/bomb upgrades and optional items, etc.
---
ERROR 404
File Not Found
#3iKhanicPosted 12/4/2012 4:01:21 PM
Nah, I get the things I come across, but other than that, I stick to the main mission
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#4LLL_DeadlyPosted 12/4/2012 4:15:10 PM
My first playthrough is always my 'story' playthrough (i.e I go through the game without doing any sidequests, just focusing on completing the story).

My second playthrough is always my 100% one, where I get everything and such.
#5Someguy_13Posted 12/4/2012 4:28:59 PM
Always.

100% is the best way to get the full enjoyment of a game.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#6mnemeth2005Posted 12/4/2012 6:36:45 PM
Yes! I hate it when my wallet is full and I find a treasure in a dungeon and its a rupee.
---
Narcoleptic Driver behind the wheel.
#7HylianCyndaquilPosted 12/4/2012 6:37:18 PM
I try to at least :P
---
Not changing until a new Star Fox game is announced. (started 8/03/12)
SSBB is better than Melee. Nuff said
#8DekuFireMagePosted 12/4/2012 6:57:39 PM
Always a 100% completion, then an ultimate challenge run.
---
The official King, now and forever, of the rackattack board. HUZZAH!
#9yokoexePosted 12/4/2012 7:06:34 PM
I just finished playing every Zelda game over the last year and a bit. I didn't bother with any upgrades or anything other than what was quick and would aid me through the game.
---
"Slow Joe Crow sews Knox in box now." -Fox in Socks
#10MooglePeruPosted 12/5/2012 11:22:53 AM
I do this with every single game I've got.

1st Run: Blind Run. No FAQs, no Internet. Just enjoy the damn game and all that it has to offer me.
2nd Run: FAQ 100% run. Get everything that the game has to offer, including difficulty levels.
3rd Run: Ultimate Challenge. 3H Run, Speed Run, 100% Item Run, Low Level Run, Minimalist Run... one of those. Not all of them, though, that would be a sorely waste of time and life.
---
Kupo King of the Skyward Sword Revolution
- Fighting for a better board free of suck -