Where do you input the High Speed Chase code?

#1AnotherSomebodyPosted 3/18/2013 8:45:03 PM
I have the lego set with the code on the license plate to unlock extra game content but it's too long to be used in the police station "compuper" or the start screen extras menus. It's also too short to be a redemption code on the eshop. Anyone know where to put it?
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#2D Ray300Posted 3/18/2013 11:46:11 PM
I think the code is only the part after the VR-
#3AnotherSomebody(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 12:21:55 AM
That part is still 7 digits and the "compuper" and start screen are 6 digit inputs.
---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#4RahzarXPosted 3/19/2013 12:45:08 AM
Is the code generic? If so can you tell us what it is?
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#5D Ray300Posted 3/19/2013 12:53:10 AM
The code isn't generic, it is specific to each set.
#6D Ray300Posted 3/19/2013 1:21:15 AM
Hmm, well the box and the book for set 2 (the police truck) say that the code "unlocks cool vehicles and secret missions in the Wii U game and on lego.com/city". The diagram on the box shows:
Figure One: Code on license plate of truck
Figure Two, Entering the code on a computer
Figure Three: Vehicle unlocks
Figure Four: Secret mission unlocks
This makes me think that maybe you enter the code online to get the code used in game. On the other hand, the book shows the code being entered on the Wii U gamepad and website separately, making me think this isn't the case (the text on the WII U gamepad in the diagram is actually the full VR-XXXXXXX).

I looked around on the lego.com/city page and found this code entry page: http://city.lego.com/en-us/codepage/
When I entered my code (the whole thing with the VR-) I got the following message:

"Congratulation with your new LEGO City 60007 box and this unique code you have found.

The code can be used to unlock a lot of exciting content.

From January you can use the code in the Ready Steady Fire game here on the LEGO City website and unlock a bonus level with the cool vehicles from the LEGO City 60007 box.

Click here (http://city.lego.com/en-us/games/web-games/ready-steady-fire/) to go to the game.

When the LEGO City Video Game is in the stores you can use the code in here to unlock cool extra materials. You can see in the video above how this work.

Hope you will have fun with your new product and the unique code."

The video referenced in the text can be found here:
http://cache.lego.com/r/city/-/media/Franchises/LEGO%20City/Movies/Exclusive%20Video%20Game/WiiU_LegoCU_HiSpeedChase-HQh264-mp4.mp4

It shows going to a computer near two garages (I don't have the game yet, so I have no idea where this is), and entering a 7 digit code on the gamepad (I assume this is supposed to be the part after the VR-), and the garages opening to reveal the two cars from the lego set.

It looks like there are then two missions (one for each of the vehicles).
If you get in the police truck (as Chase McCain (Police)?) you get a mission to "Stop that robber before he gets to his hideout!" (the robber is in the red convertible). Looks like you simply need to destroy the car before he gets somewhere.
If you get in the red convertible (as Chase McCain (Robber)?) you get a mission to "Get to the lock-up! Watch out for the police!". It looks like somebody on the police motorcycle is trying to chase you down or something.

I'm not sure if the codes are actually checked on line to make sure they haven't been used or not yet. There was nothing in the video to indicate that an internet connection was required, and after the code was entered the only thing I saw HUD wise was a saving symbol. It might be that codes can be reused for multiple games. They are however definitely unique (I have found 7 on the internet, plus a buddy of mine and I both have sets). Once somebody gets theirs working in game (might be me if I can ever find a copy), they should go ahead and post it to see if others can use them.
#7spealfan444Posted 3/19/2013 4:07:35 AM
If there's two garages next to each other, then that's probably the police station.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#8D Ray300Posted 3/19/2013 8:15:44 AM
Ya, from the video it looked like it was just outside the police station.
#9D Ray300Posted 3/20/2013 11:06:20 AM
Ok, so it doesn't look like the code is checked online at all (I used it with the internet turned off), so it should be fine to reuse a code. Just look on Youtube for reviews of the set to find a code.
#10ReiperX420Posted 3/20/2013 11:59:02 PM
2 garages next to each other is the area behind the police station before you take the ferry to the prison island. If you go up the train tracks (over) the police station, there's a radio tower to your left. The garages by the police station that I can't get into are right under that radio tower. I imagine that that is content that gets unlocked by LEGO sets. It doesn't show the usual (you need this costume) circle thingy. Yet when you move close enough, it zooms into the vehicle in the garage.

I'm suprised there isn't an in game message telling you to go buy the lego sets. That's either bad marketing or consumer friendly designers right there lol.