The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Got this for ~$33 with my Target Red Card, here's how...

#1o0achilles0oPosted 3/19/2013 7:49:56 PM
Target currently has Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all games, so here's what I did:

Bought Lego City and 2 $59.99 games for a total of $119.98 less the 5% Target Red Card discount bringing it to $113.98. I then returned the other two games for $80.46 after red card, bringing my total spent on Lego City to $33.52.

Even if you don't have a red card, it winds up being $35.28, and if you found 3 $49.99 games it's even cheaper.

tl;dr: Buy 3 games, return 2 of them.
#2FF_FiendPosted 3/20/2013 7:53:45 AM
So basically, you saved two dollars with your target-specific credit card. I found two bucks on the sidewalk yesterday, so I broke even with you without their crappy card.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#3FF_FiendPosted 3/20/2013 8:10:40 AM
Oh and also, your story reeks of lies. In a "buy 2 get 1 free" situation, they always check receipts to make sure you're not returning the free one at full price. I've tried and tried to do that to countless stores.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#4bbawlerPosted 3/20/2013 9:27:15 AM
FF_Fiend posted...
Oh and also, your story reeks of lies. In a "buy 2 get 1 free" situation, they always check receipts to make sure you're not returning the free one at full price. I've tried and tried to do that to countless stores.

He is actually telling the truth. A lot of retail stores have the return policy that you mentioned, but Target knocks off 1/3 of the price for each game. So you can return any amount of the games, and this sale basically becomes a 33% off sale for each item.
#5o0achilles0o(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:15:25 AM
FF_Fiend posted...

Go ahead and don't believe me. All I did was buy 3 games back in electronics, took all 3 and my receipt up to customer service and returned 2 of them for their lower "refund value". Made my copy of Lego City about $33.
#6o0achilles0o(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 10:15:54 AM
bbawler posted...
FF_Fiend posted...

He is actually telling the truth. A lot of retail stores have the return policy that you mentioned, but Target knocks off 1/3 of the price for each game. So you can return any amount of the games, and this sale basically becomes a 33% off sale for each item.

This man speaks the truth.
#7IcyBlaze_XZPosted 3/20/2013 11:36:18 AM
Or just buy 3 games, get one free, and get a 5% discount.

No need to be all manipulative with it.
---
b