how hard is this game for a 4 year old?

#1bolty12Posted 2/3/2014 6:35:32 PM
hey all!

I know this board hasn't been too active because this game has been out for a while, but my son and I just beat Lego Batman 2 and he loved it. We were at the local Best Buy the other day and this game caught his attention.

The thing that worries me is the fact that this game is single player. With Lego Batman i can at least play co-op with him and help him through the harder parts of the game (like jumping parts etc).

Also the fact that this game is free roam, GTA style- does the game give pretty clear indication or guides as to where to go next for progression?

It's not a greatest hit $19.99 game so I wanted to make sure I am not getting him a game that will frustrate him! Thanks in advance for any input.
#2MysticGamer23Posted 2/4/2014 1:36:20 PM
Hi! You can find a good guide on GameFAQs.com that Always tells you where to go in order to progress further. Also, there are video walkthroughs on YouTube you can Watch to help you solve some hard parts. The game also tells you where to go because when you´re doing a story-based mission the game outlines the way with green LEGO studs on the map and a green Arrow. Hope this helps!
#3danno006Posted 2/6/2014 11:04:23 AM
My four-year-old and I have been playing this game for the last month or so together, he'll hand me the controller for the hard parts and then usually he gets the controller back and it's pretty easy for a four-year-old as long as you're helping him every once in a while. It's really a lot of fun to play with him though because every time he finds something it's like his birthday. And there is a lot of stuff to find!
#4bolty12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 6:36:43 PM
Thanks for the replies! Great to know that kids of all ages are enjoying the lego games and that TT makes games that are actually great quality so adults can actually enjoy as well.

Definitely sold! Definitely appreciate the feedback.
#5jfeathePosted 2/7/2014 2:20:07 PM
What is so great about this game is that you can be accomplishing absolutely nothing (story and completion wise) but still have a blast running around, driving, boating, flying, and exploring the worlds.

100%ing the game is fairly tough, but completing the story mode should be manageable for a 4 year old as long as he or she has a parent or older sibling guiding him or her throughout the game.
#6opiate1974Posted 2/8/2014 8:50:37 PM
My four year old beat the game with very little help from me. Right now he is half way thru the lego movie game
---
DarkWing Reaper