How will it be for 3DS?

#1phil32101Posted 1/31/2013 5:07:21 PM
Im a bit confused. So they have one for Wii-U. Now soon to be one for 3DS? How is it gonna work for 3DS? I mean think of what they are gonna cut out on 3DS than on Wii-U. No way they can have the same features. Butů The gameplay will change. So I can tell. So is it something to be excited about, or something to try to get out of your head fast? I WANT ANSWERS!
---
Sweet! Beaver with a chain saw!
#299enbanditPosted 2/6/2013 6:10:58 PM
Hmmm... Very speculative Phil.
---
"They have a world to win."
#3Jinto LinPosted 2/10/2013 7:39:03 AM
No footage yet, though supposedly a 3DS Direct isn't far off, where it'll probably be revealed at last. The 3DS, being technically roughly somewhere between the Gamecube and Wii - more toward the latter - in terms of hardware capabilities is more than capable of running open-world sandbox games like the Wii U game, though with some comparative limitations, naturally, given the hardware gap. Still, given what was accomplished with a couple of Yakuza games, GTA spinoffs, and Kenka Bancho on the PSP's hardware, and the PS2's hugely popular 3D GTA games, the 3DS is technically capable of anything as ambitious as those and more.

That said, we have no idea what the structure of this game will be yet, though it's presumable that it's a sandbox title given that the Wii U game is, and that its setting would either be an earlier version of the same LEGO City, or a separate LEGO City, given that we know for a fact that the game centers around Chase McCain as a rookie cop, well before the Wii U game.

With the release less than two and a half months off now, our questions should be answered soon. In the least, rather than a scaled down version of the console game with a different set of takes on each level like with the DS and 3DS counterparts to the console LEGO movie games, we know this is an entirely separate but complementary prequel, so given that the Wii U game looks to be the most expansive and ambitious LEGO game to date, it seems safe to assume that the same should be true of this prequel in contrast to all the other portable LEGO games.
---
http://www.animedream.com ~ Anime Dream - We're like your RPGFan buddies, only anime-based! ~ Tsukasa
#4podracer35Posted 2/11/2013 2:44:50 PM
My guess is that it will be a smaller scale than the WiiU version, but I imagine that the gameplay will remain somewhat similar to the WiiU version. I'm kinda excited for it since I won't have a WiiU anytime soon, but I have a 3DS, so if this game turns out good, I'll pick it up and have my fix of Lego City!
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/28lvyvc.jpg Bum, bum, buh-da-dum, Ba-dah-dah-dada Iroh man.
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750