Confirmed open world on the 3DS , game is looking good

#1AncientRomeBCPosted 2/26/2013 9:00:47 PM
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/02/26/lego-city-undercover-interview-all-bricked-up/

confirmed open world which we pretty much knew by the trailer also 3ds city is smaller then wii u version which was to be expected . game still looks great
---
3DS XL - 2423 2409 6597
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#2HDCasePosted 2/27/2013 2:29:54 PM
Good interview. Yeah I'm excited.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#3BTM4444Posted 3/3/2013 8:34:22 PM
How much smaller is the city?
#4Jinto LinPosted 3/5/2013 5:42:55 PM
They don't give specifics - they just say that it's not as epic in scale, but that they made it as big in size as they felt they really could on the system. And considering the 3DS's hardware compared to past platforms with open-world titles, the platform SHOULD be able to certainly contain pretty massive open-world cities and open-world settings in general - it's all down to the developers to make them.

Looking forward to seeing how well the game compares to the Wii U game myself, as, lacking a Wii U at this point, I'm more likely to grab the prequel first myself. As is, TT Fusion made both games, so given how amazing the Wii U game looks, this should be pretty incredible too.
---
http://www.animedream.com ~ Anime Dream - We're like your RPGFan buddies, only anime-based! ~ Tsukasa
#5BTM4444Posted 3/5/2013 8:22:49 PM
Jinto Lin posted...
They don't give specifics - they just say that it's not as epic in scale, but that they made it as big in size as they felt they really could on the system. And considering the 3DS's hardware compared to past platforms with open-world titles, the platform SHOULD be able to certainly contain pretty massive open-world cities and open-world settings in general - it's all down to the developers to make them.

Looking forward to seeing how well the game compares to the Wii U game myself, as, lacking a Wii U at this point, I'm more likely to grab the prequel first myself. As is, TT Fusion made both games, so given how amazing the Wii U game looks, this should be pretty incredible too.

That's good news to see the developers still made it as big as they could. Thanks for the reply!
#6retrogamer28Posted 3/22/2013 10:51:33 AM
Darn, was hoping the heavy pop in, draw distance, and fog meant that they had managed the same city. Oh well, still getting it regardless, as my first open world game.
#7NintenbroPosted 3/30/2013 5:33:38 PM
10 minutes to drive around the perimeter... That's not very big at all. I'm becoming a little skeptical at this point.
---
Wii FC: 8197-8833-3892-6232
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489