UPDATED impressions (buy this game now)

#1AncientRomeBCPosted 4/22/2013 9:33:52 AM
yea this game is awesome 5hrs logged and only 9.4% complete.I have only unlocked 4 of the 7 different city sections . theres just so much to find in each section ill end up doing a mission and get sidetracked exploring and finding character tokens , vehicles, etc...

$30 is a steal for the content screw the reviews giving this 5/10 etc... by far the best handheld lego game i have played (and ive played most of them from psp to ds to vita)
---
3DS XL = 2423 2409 6597 VITA = Merlin--Camelot
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#2gurgitoy2Posted 4/22/2013 10:41:05 AM
That's pretty much how I feel. Everyone keeps comparing it to the much larger WiiU version, which is a mistake in my opinion. Compare it to all of the portable LEGO games and it blows them all out of the water. It's like a PSP GTA game if anything.
---
"Now I have chortle time. Fawful scattered your minions like litter from a sad ugly cat."
#3MicroByterPosted 4/22/2013 11:48:34 AM
Seems like there are a few of us who are genuinely enjoying this game (me being one).

I never played the Wii U version and cannot compare, but as a Lego 3DS game, this is the best I've played. Lot's to explore and lot's to do. I've played about the same number of hours, but haven't progressed as far, taking time to explore and there is a ton to do here.
---
3DS FC 0903-2783-8206 | PSN jhaasl | Nintendo ID: MicroByter
#4AncientRomeBC(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:50:35 AM
MicroByter posted...
Seems like there are a few of us who are genuinely enjoying this game (me being one).

I never played the Wii U version and cannot compare, but as a Lego 3DS game, this is the best I've played. Lot's to explore and lot's to do. I've played about the same number of hours, but haven't progressed as far, taking time to explore and there is a ton to do here.

I'm trying to do the story then explore but like said get sidetracked sometimes lol
---
#5AquatrezPosted 4/22/2013 2:37:47 PM
The game is only "bad" when you compare it to the Wii U version (which is stupid in the first place--if they were basically the same then what would be the appeal of the console version!?). Compared to other portable LEGO games and other 3DS games period, it's phenomenal. Huge open world, fun gameplay, and technical issues are minor (and frankly, to be expected).

I'm about as far as TC and I have been absolutely loving every moment of the game so far. Haven't had any issues yet.
#6AncientRomeBC(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:04:45 PM(edited)
Aquatrez posted...
The game is only "bad" when you compare it to the Wii U version (which is stupid in the first place--if they were basically the same then what would be the appeal of the console version!?). Compared to other portable LEGO games and other 3DS games period, it's phenomenal. Huge open world, fun gameplay, and technical issues are minor (and frankly, to be expected).

I'm about as far as TC and I have been absolutely loving every moment of the game so far. Haven't had any issues yet.

Well said idk why people compare it to the Wi u when the 3ds doesn't even compare power wise.
---
#7godslayer61Posted 4/22/2013 5:31:48 PM
AncientRomeBC posted...
yea this game is awesome 5hrs logged and only 9.4% complete.I have only unlocked 4 of the 7 different city sections . theres just so much to find in each section ill end up doing a mission and get sidetracked exploring and finding character tokens , vehicles, etc...

$30 is a steal for the content screw the reviews giving this 5/10 etc... by far the best handheld lego game i have played (and ive played most of them from psp to ds to vita)

i agree and the cool thing is how your building the police station and stuff and then i go and play my wii u version its all there finnished and looking great,love this game im happy i did not finish the wii u version cause playing it in order rocks. two thumbs up to my fav new handheld game , it beat out strangers wrath hd on the vita for the #1 spot.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#8EgoMouse32Posted 4/22/2013 7:42:12 PM
Yeah, it seems like every review compares it to the Wii U version.
I don't have a Wii U, so I can't compare it. I do have a 3DS though, and it seems really fun. Most people seem to like it so I think I might get it for my birthday tomorrow. Seems really ridiculous how people compare a separate game that is a prequel to a console game. I really want to read a review that doesn't compare it to the Wii U.
#9Hale-BoppPosted 4/22/2013 9:52:15 PM
I'm pretty hooked on this game. I've already put in over 12 hours and only have 38% completed. Exploring is awesome. I wanna go everywhere and get all the things.
#10warlord3Posted 4/22/2013 10:39:20 PM
It's a great game, it's a shame that it's not going to make as much money because of poor reviews.
---
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer