UPDATED impressions (buy this game now)

#11JustPlainLucasPosted 4/22/2013 10:17:39 PM
Based on what I've played so far, it's not worth playing if you've played the hell out of the Wii U version. The fact that it's missing voice acting alone had made me lose so much interest in the game. The charm was a major selling point of the Wii U version, and the 3DS just doesn't have that. Then there's whole fact that it's missing full sized missions, technical problems including loading between every section of the city, combat made even more redundant and floaty gyroscope controls; the game's a mess.

Glad you're enjoying the game, but don't try to discredit reviews when they're objectively pointing out real problems with the game.
#12PixieyPosted 4/22/2013 11:52:48 PM
If you beat or played the Wii U game to death, you are going to be burned out on Lego games for a bit. I suggest playing something else before playing this one. I am having a blast. I have played the Wii U game, but have not beaten it so there is no burn out for me. Yes, the missions are a bit short, but to be honest those of us who cannot play for an hour or more at a time, this is awesome since saving checkpoints in other games are a problem for many people.

Most reviewers expect this to be exactly like the Wii U, why? I never did. I do miss the voice acting, but it is not a biggie, I see the humor still.

I am glad I ignored some of the more scathing reviews and bought this. 30 bucks for a very large, fun, open world Lego game was so worth it. This was far better than The Lord Of The Rings for the 3ds.

Where are the 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 minute loading times one of the reviewers complained about? The longest was 40 sec when the game turned on. Loading in the police station took 10.

This is a fun game, more folks are posting about it now.
#13LordSoth1967Posted 4/27/2013 4:35:44 PM
Best $30.00 I've spent in awhile, the game is lots of fun, the best I have played on a handheld, and for all that I can forgive the load times, and they are not as bad as some reviews say.
#14SeamusOHasseyPosted 4/27/2013 4:52:21 PM
This is easily the best $30 I've spent on a game. Well worth it imo.
---
Don't panic. It's only a video game web site.- SBAllen
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Mila-Kunis-1.jpg
#15trebor8273Posted 4/28/2013 4:04:21 AM
Really can't understand the reviews its a great game with a lot of content well worth the money I paid, just seems another reason why I never trust so called professional reviewers
#16SeamusOHasseyPosted 4/28/2013 5:47:23 PM
Agreed, it's a good game whose storyline and music reminds me of those cheesy 80s cop movies.
---
Don't panic. It's only a video game web site.- SBAllen
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Mila-Kunis-1.jpg
#17DollarBill04Posted 4/29/2013 1:08:13 PM
Best handheld Lego game yet, totally digging it. I wont say its perfect, it aint. But for 30 bucks, you cant go wrong. If you have even a passing interest in the Lego games, get it.
---
"I hate this idea that youre the best. Because youre not. Im the best. Im the best in the world."
#18ShengLong2005Posted 5/5/2013 11:27:22 AM
I have to agree.

It's why Gamefaqs itself says for you, when comparing it, to compare it to games on the same system, since, for example, comparing the Smackdown Vs RAW games on Nintendo DS to the ones on PS3 would get anyone go 'What is this piece of drivel?'

I do give them some knocks.

1. They act like they couldn't fit in either dynamic loading on the main level or made it fully voiced. Similar to Lego Batman 2, they made some non-essential edits to the game to 'fix' issues that didn't actually exist, allowing them to fit a game that could have been 2 GB into less than half that.

2. They use some aspects of old Playstation-era games far too much, with Lego City having a serious fog problem.

3. Even when they use dynamic loading, it's only on people, and even then, there's chronic dynamic load failure.

4. Most, if not all, doors are locked by the waist high fence phenomenon, where Chase apparently won't break into a door that is clearly meant to be able to open.

5. Far too much 'construction work'.
---
Sheng.Long 2006 - Writing Fanfiction since 1999