Darksiders is like a modernized Zelda, right?

#11sonicteam2k1Posted 8/12/2012 3:04:40 AM
yes, pretty much TC
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#12InfernalDragon5Posted 8/17/2012 12:34:12 AM
Actually more like a rip off than a modernization. On top of that it somehow has a worse camera despite having more buttons bound to camera related actions.
#13Cloud1152Posted 8/18/2012 12:48:26 PM
Yeah but after playing DS2 on PS3, I should have wait the WIIU Version cause it was the fest-Glitch.

Story was lame too.

Darksiders 1 is a lot better
#14Steel_ShadowsPosted 8/19/2012 7:30:28 PM
Having played both, I disagree. There's just a lot more that went into Darksiders 2 that make it, in my opinion, the overall better package. The story was definitely told better in the first game though. It felt like they missed out on a lot of narrative opportunity on this one, considering how much they seemed to try to emphasize Death's internal conflicts.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#15JackalPosted 8/23/2012 8:06:54 AM
There are only two glitches that I can recall encountering.

1. Getting my Darksiders items
2. Losing video signal while in the menus

I'm not doing so well with the feeding of Possessed weapons. It seems kind of pointless. Just left find or acquire the things already.

And I have to agree with the article I read about the game being one big "Fetch quest". You're on side quest and don't even know that you are sometimes. I don't think I'm even half done though. I haven't put a lot of time into the game because I was re-working my HTPC.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#16crazyisgoodPosted 8/23/2012 7:09:24 PM
agreed
---
Random Things 10 http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/230131
#17TottentanzPosted 8/23/2012 9:20:10 PM
Jackal posted...
There are only two glitches that I can recall encountering.

1. Getting my Darksiders items
2. Losing video signal while in the menus

I'm not doing so well with the feeding of Possessed weapons. It seems kind of pointless. Just left find or acquire the things already.

And I have to agree with the article I read about the game being one big "Fetch quest". You're on side quest and don't even know that you are sometimes. I don't think I'm even half done though. I haven't put a lot of time into the game because I was re-working my HTPC.

Why post this in this thread?
#18ttalkerPosted 8/26/2012 12:14:26 PM
modernized is not the correct word at all...

modernized means take something old and bring it into todays standards...
darksiders 2 is not zelda remade with todays standards.

the puzzles in darksiders 2 are modernized from zelda games..

the correct word is inspired by.

the puzzles in darksiders 2 were clearly inspired by zelda games.

class dismissed^^

on a serious note tho
any seasoned gamer can see how much effort they put into the puzzles.
the pacing of repeated actions and taking the time to make almost every puzzle different in someway is truly impressive.
#19IfenoPosted 9/2/2012 6:59:13 PM
*first thread i've looked at on this board*

Yeah I don't think I'll be coming back here anytime soon...

Cyall when the game comes out.
---
~Ifeno - The Wandering Merchant~
Proud to be an OG of the Original Shiny Pokemon Guild. Shiny Guild trades: 7 Sol Dollars: 14
#20TottentanzPosted 9/3/2012 11:54:16 AM
Ifeno posted...
*first thread i've looked at on this board*

Yeah I don't think I'll be coming back here anytime soon...

Cyall when the game comes out.

lol, yeah, tried to bury this thread then some peeps decided to bring it back. The TC is a longtime standing troll that people feed for no good reason.

If you read this, there are plenty of bits posted below it of note. I have tried to keep things balanced, and I am brutally honest about this game being on par with the rest with probably an improved menu system.