Just saw Prometheus, hope some backstory is shared with this game

#1AlexFiliPosted 6/3/2012 10:46:31 AM
Would be a good way of linking the two.
Interesting to hear what happens to this franchise.
---
Beat the high score in my new game!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/AlexFili/secret-agent-squad-2
#2TottentanzPosted 6/4/2012 6:34:36 AM
You do understand that this game takes place, if I recall the videos correctly, after Alien3 with story elements that explain what happened after Aliens which does a better job of explaining why Alien3 happened.

While the movie you are referring to takes place before Alien if I recall the details on that correctly.
#3Christopher BelmontPosted 6/4/2012 10:45:08 AM
BTW, not a good idea to be running around saying you've seen a movie that hasn't even been released theatrically yet. :)
---
When the going gets tough, kick going in the balls!
#4predatoriumPosted 6/4/2012 12:40:06 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
BTW, not a good idea to be running around saying you've seen a movie that hasn't even been released theatrically yet. :)

Except the movie was released on June 1st in Europe. I've seen it in a theatre on June 1st in Stockholm Sweden where I live. It's cool that the main actress Noomi Rapacce is Swedish.
#5Christopher BelmontPosted 6/5/2012 10:17:34 AM
Ah, gotcha. I have to wait until thurs... :(
---
#6Numbuh100Posted 6/5/2012 2:01:18 PM
This is an alternate sequel to Conduit 2.
---
According to Ernst Blofeld, YOLT.
#7cvmckenziePosted 6/16/2012 7:32:00 PM
I dont think it will, honestly. As far as i know, this game has been in on again off again development for like 10 years. It'd be cool as hell, but i dont see what theyd work in outside of giving you some tall guy to shoot every now and again.

Odds are good though that the vast majority of the plot was written before prometheus was officially announced.
---
---
#8Myths_of_MyselfPosted 6/22/2012 1:18:55 PM
I just saw Prometheus today. The only link this game might have at all to it (and that's by retrospective coincidence, not deliberately) would be if we get to visit the derelict in the game, but I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting giant statue heads, deadly black goo, or living engineers.
---
"Oh I will, I'll shout if that happens, yes... something like... 'I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!'"
The Doctor
#9Christopher BelmontPosted 6/23/2012 10:45:42 AM
Gearbox has confirmed the derelict will be in this game. So if you can venture inside, odds are you'll be able to visit the Space Jockey's chamber. Which would be AWESOME. :)
---
#10Myths_of_MyselfPosted 6/24/2012 9:06:44 AM
Wow, that's great news! I can't wait to explore the derelict.
---
"Oh I will, I'll shout if that happens, yes... something like... 'I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!'"
The Doctor