NEW INFO: 6 weapons, 3 Ninpo magic, upgrade system, dismemberment, new enemies

#1Council_of_RagePosted 6/5/2012 12:13:11 PM
Seems that the WiiU version will be what the game should have been from the start, bringing it up to the standards set by previous titles:

Features:

Unique Wii U controls During single-player mode, players can enjoy faster and more fluid action by using the touch screen of the Wii U GamePad controller to select weapons, execute Ninpo, see in-game information and much more.

New Weapons and Ninpo Types Exclusive to the Wii U version, the game includes six weapon types and three Ninpo types, allowing for greater game-play variation and deeper strategy.

Character/Weapon Progression System Using the Karma points earned during game play, a player can upgrade his weapons and Ninpo and increase the character HP level.

Faster, More Intense Battles Improved enemy AI, the return of dismemberment, as well as new enemy types and battle areas have been added for greater variety in battles and increased replay value.

Sounds amazing, IMO.

Source: http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/ninja-gaiden

I would also assume that the DLC content from the PS3/360 version will be here too (Mission Mode and Ultimate Ninja Mode).

It also looks like one of the screenshots on the second page of the Nintendo site shows the upgrade screen, and seems to have a Golden Scarab icon in the lower left, implying collectibles / secret areas are being added.
---
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge (WiiU exclusive)
Game of the Year 2012
#2Council_of_Rage(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 12:14:04 PM
And yes, I am now labelling this as GOTY: my most wanted game this year. I own a PS3 and 360 but have been waiting for the true, fixed up version of this game. ^_^
---
Game of the Year 2012
#3Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/5/2012 2:32:30 PM
See, I could buy into all this if it's releasing sometime next year. But the fact that it was developed alongside NG3 for 360/ps3 and that it's coming out in the same year is extremely shady.

You can almost envision them deciding what to keep, and what they decided to take out only to put back into Razor's Edge.

And remember them saying people didn't want to see dismemberment anymore? Just something they took out to help bolster WiiU's launch.
#4NINFanboyPosted 6/6/2012 12:08:14 AM
Nok_Su_Kow posted...
And remember them saying people didn't want to see dismemberment anymore? Just something they took out to help bolster WiiU's launch.

Yeah, which idiot said that? The dismemberment was what made NGII so satisfying.

They really need to replace Hayashi with somebody else. Just anybody else. They could hire a bum from the streets and he'd do a better job.
---
The thrill seeker comes from all walks of life. Comes from the home. The home where the parents are too busy to train their children respect. Respect! MWAHAHAHA
#5RaengPosted 6/6/2012 5:55:36 AM
> Six weapons total
- Dragon sword
- Hayate's Sword
- Dual Katana's
- Blade of the Archfiend
- Claws
- Scythe

Calling it right now. I'm so going to laugh if my prediction is true. Then I'll burn their company to the ground.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#6Council_of_Rage(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 6:54:53 AM
> Six weapons total
- Dragon sword
- Hayate's Sword
- Dual Katana's
- Blade of the Archfiend
- Claws
- Scythe

Calling it right now. I'm so going to laugh if my prediction is true. Then I'll burn their company to the ground.

I'll be mad if they don't add my beloved Lunar Staff into this.

I don't really see any reason why they couldn't have EVERY weapon from previous Ninja Gaiden games, since it's not a new game engine. They should be able to just port them into the game easily.
---
Game of the Year 2012
#7Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/6/2012 7:49:29 AM
I think it's going to be

Katana
Dual Swords
Scythe
Claws
Bow
-new unannounced weapon.

I think they are counting the Bow as a weapon rather than sub-weapon.
#8Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/6/2012 7:56:14 AM
Council_of_Rage posted...

I'll be mad if they don't add my beloved Lunar Staff into this.

I don't really see any reason why they couldn't have EVERY weapon from previous Ninja Gaiden games, since it's not a new game engine. They should be able to just port them into the game easily.

Oh I'm sure they must be saving the Lunar as pre-order incentive or DLC along with the Dabi, Enma Fang, Tonfas, Flails, Kusarigama, Windmill Shuriken.

If I were Team Ninja/Tecmo, that's what I'd do. :P
#9TottentanzPosted 6/7/2012 10:52:56 AM
I take back what I have said in the past about the game and will look to future reviews of this version before passing judgement; I had no idea that they would mess with the PS360 owners this badly.

I really did not expect them to change the game much, and now, I am curious more about the improved AI, more ninpo, and added weapons than the limb chopping though the addition of the dismemberment is a nice touch.

I wonder how much of a game changer these additions will make to the game. It seems to still have the weakish story, but that might be over looked if the game play is improved enough.

Tip of the hat to the developers for throwing caution to the wind and improving the game.
#10Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/7/2012 1:06:44 PM
It feels more like putting the game back together again, rather than improving it. NG2 had more weapons, dismemberment and multiple ninpo off the bat.