Multiplayer? Co-op intact?

#1Nok_Su_KowPosted 6/6/2012 3:19:44 PM
Strange they haven't said anything on the multiplayer or co-op for this version. It still says 1 player on their all access site.
#2NinjaDBLPosted 6/6/2012 8:29:31 PM
That's got me wondering too. It would be strange for them not to include the multi/co-op features.
---
PSN: NinjaDBL
XBL: NinjaDBL
#3NinjaDBLPosted 6/7/2012 1:09:03 PM
Actually it would be interesting if they where only putting solo missions since it say its only 1 player.
---
PSN: NinjaDBL
XBL: NinjaDBL
#4thepenguin55Posted 6/7/2012 4:59:53 PM
If this is a launch title (or released very close to launch) then I'd say there's a pretty good possibility that such features could be left out. I'd say there's at least a 50/50 possibility of multiplayer being left out. Online multiplayer can be a tricky thing when you're dealing with a new system. This may also explain why they're making such radical changes to the single player mode. Cause if they are leaving out multiplayer then they have to improve the single player mode, otherwise no one in their right mind would buy the game.
#5Kensei25Posted 6/8/2012 6:38:15 AM
The decision to do a multiplayer mode I think was one of the primary root causes why NG3, while enjoyable, ended up no where near as good as NG1 or NG2. I think it was a horrible decision IMHO that took alot of time and resources away from the single-player experience----we know how limited Japanese dev budgets are. This is not to say multiplayer was bad.....it just was not necessary and was no where near being good enough to justify the likely huge resources it took to build it.

If they are focusing on re-tooling and improving (maybe even expanding?) the single player experience, and forgetting about multiplayer, for WiiU, that is going to be a good thing. All I have to say is, Team Ninja better release this new version to PS3/360 as well....
#6TottentanzPosted 6/8/2012 6:57:43 AM
Kensei25 posted...
The decision to do a multiplayer mode I think was one of the primary root causes why NG3, while enjoyable, ended up no where near as good as NG1 or NG2. I think it was a horrible decision IMHO that took alot of time and resources away from the single-player experience----we know how limited Japanese dev budgets are. This is not to say multiplayer was bad.....it just was not necessary and was no where near being good enough to justify the likely huge resources it took to build it.

If they are focusing on re-tooling and improving (maybe even expanding?) the single player experience, and forgetting about multiplayer, for WiiU, that is going to be a good thing. All I have to say is, Team Ninja better release this new version to PS3/360 as well....

Why would anyone want to play a game they already own or could have already bought on the PS360?
#7thepenguin55Posted 6/9/2012 10:19:25 AM
Tottentanz posted...
Why would anyone want to play a game they already own or could have already bought on the PS360?

Because the PS3/360 version of this game is utter garbage. This game was universally panned on PS3/360 & for good reason. The reason's the game sucked? Well the main ones would have to be that they mucked around with (dumbed down) the gameplay mechanics & the enemies in NG3 basically sit around waiting for you to kill them. There's other reasons why NG3 on PS3/360 sucked, but those are easily the biggest reasons. Based on what I've seen, Team Ninja decided that they would fix these problems with the WiiU version of NG3. What I've seen of this version reminds me a lot of NG2 which is a very good thing. NG2 was hard but it didn't matter how hard the game was because the gameplay was just so freakin good. lol.
#8TottentanzPosted 6/9/2012 10:55:50 AM
thepenguin55 posted...
Tottentanz posted...

Because the PS3/360 version of this game is utter garbage. This game was universally panned on PS3/360 & for good reason. The reason's the game sucked? Well the main ones would have to be that they mucked around with (dumbed down) the gameplay mechanics & the enemies in NG3 basically sit around waiting for you to kill them. There's other reasons why NG3 on PS3/360 sucked, but those are easily the biggest reasons. Based on what I've seen, Team Ninja decided that they would fix these problems with the WiiU version of NG3. What I've seen of this version reminds me a lot of NG2 which is a very good thing. NG2 was hard but it didn't matter how hard the game was because the gameplay was just so freakin good. lol.

I was more pointing to the last comment the other poster made about the improved version being brought over to the PS360; I enjoyed saying that considering the trolls that kept popping up on these boards saying the exact same thing though in their minds they never fathomed the Wii U getting the best version possible. They could only imagine a port down or some control gimmick to change the game, and they could not put in their heads that some developers might use the extra time to undo mistakes.

Thus, I made a comment like I did enjoying how the door can open both ways.
#9Ackman_ZPosted 6/9/2012 12:19:34 PM
I'd be more than glad if they removed it and just focused more on improving single player.
#10syaoran-kunPosted 6/10/2012 1:11:49 AM
Call me strange, but I would really like to get the Sigma 1 style missions back. How fun Co-op may have been, the Sigma 1 missions is where I put most of my time in.

Or atleast I hope Team Ninja gets it through their thick skulls that you can't make a bunch of missions and then make them both single play/co-op available. You need different kinds of missions for ways of playing the mode.
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
Yakuza 4: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL90C07E1798261756&feature=mh_lolz
More topics from this board...
update1.4.0nepeon9412/15 4:03PM