Hardcore Fan Package

#1RevOn_DXPosted 8/15/2012 10:56:20 AM
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge on Wii U will be the "hardcore fan package" of the game, developer Team Ninja has said.

It will improve on the previously-released PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, which Team Ninja boss Yosuke Hayashi told Eurogamer could have better served fans.

"We left out some of the things the series was well-known for. We did leave some of our fans out," Hayashi admitted, adding that the Wii U version had given the team a chance to relaunch the game.

"We had this opportunity to put those hardcore aspects back in. It's kind of the hardcore fan package of Ninja Gaiden 3."

The PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions were Team Ninja's "brand new approach" to the series. But it had mixed results. Simon Parkin served up a 4/10 in Eurogamer's Ninja Gaiden 3 review.

"There were good elements and bad elements of it," Hayashi said, explaining that the team had taken on board feedback from the original version. "Obviously there are new things in there too, but we shouldn't try and throw out what Team Ninja is good at."

Eurogamer has already had a peek at Ninja Gaiden 3 on Wii U - an E3 build which lacked the technical fidelity of the original. But this was just an early version, Hayashi reassured.

"We had to drop polygons, characters, stages, play around with the frame-rate to get it out there. It was a really rough version. But the Wii U devkit has since improved and we're now working on updated hardware. The E3 version was not good."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-15-ninja-gaiden-3-on-wii-u-is-the-hardcore-fan-package

Well since this is like the latest news to come out, I figured I'd post it here to. (someone else gots this story up on the Wii-U board.) I didn't know the E3 demo was a bad demo. I didn't even read that from any website....hum. Oh well, apparently, the problem has been solved. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Any of your thoughts? No cry baby thoughts, though...XD
---
Dead or Alive: Dimensions! Prepare for Busts, Ninjas, and Busty Ninjas
Samus WILL be in Dead or Alive 5 for Wii-U! Bank on it!
#2jwillennPosted 8/15/2012 7:51:00 PM
ummm...
I hope the increase from "E3 Demo dev kit" to "final" was super drastic...
#3RevOn_DX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2012 8:45:23 AM
What do you mean by that? You worried about power? Or do you know about these E3 problems?
---
#4fedor-machinePosted 8/16/2012 10:03:50 AM
trying to get the fans back lol.
---
PSN: i don't stick to one account, i have like 10 PSN
XBL: i don't stick to one account, i have like 5 XBL
#5lowuwPosted 8/16/2012 11:31:43 AM
I'm definitely getting this game.
#6syaoran-kunPosted 8/17/2012 12:24:50 AM
Has serious potential, everytime a developer needs to prove something and actually puts in efforth it turns out great.

Although it IS Hayashi and crew we're talking about, so it could turn out a disaster too. Strange how they're doing awesome with the DOA franchise but struggle with Ninja Gaiden...
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#7andodelPosted 8/17/2012 11:50:03 AM
I agree, the tech demo didn't look half bad, but then again, I wasn't there in person.
What they mean by "Fan package" is "We f***ed up before, so here's a playable version".
Seriously, NG3 was bad. Sucks to be a non U owner :P
---
3DS FC= 0774-4348-2965 PM me with your FC if you want to be friends.
#8GeminiEntityPosted 8/18/2012 2:18:36 PM
Seriously, NG3 was bad. Sucks to be a non U owner :P

Which you are too as of now, lol.
---
Rock You
---
#9RevOn_DX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 11:01:23 AM
Ya'll know what Hayashi said recently? He wouldn't mind Team Ninja working on Metroid again.

“Unfortunately Metroid is kind of out of our league as it’s Nintendo’s game, but we’re still in close touch with co-creator Sakamoto-san, so we want to do something with him moving forward definitely. It really depends on what he wants to do with the game first.”

XD XD I say bring it on. If they learned their mistakes and made Razor's Edge, I bet they can do way better than Other M
---
#10GeminiEntityPosted 8/19/2012 1:28:33 PM
I hope not, let Nintendo worry about Metroid. I have waited long enough for a 3D Super Metroid. With WiiU being HD, this is the time to bring it to life and let the regular people make that happen.
---
Rock You
---