I guess its that time to make an opinion about the game, the good and bads IMO.

#1youngbroPosted 8/21/2012 3:39:16 PM
_Six new Weapons

_Three New Ninpo

_Upgraded Ai and Higher Difficulty

_Added Blood and Gore aka de-limbs

_New Enemy Types and Stages

_Upgrading System

You gotta look at the improvements in a negative perspective as well

lets start with the new weapons.

New weapons, cool great more diverse moves right. Thats great. But will they be limited again like in NG3? Will it just be unlocking an extra button press and/or a charge strong attack for it? If so thats not really an improvement. It would have to be something along the lines of comepletely different combos like in NG2 because each combo had a different effect on the enemies. ex:

some were for 1 basic enemy
some hit multiple enemies
some forcfully chopped limbs off
some made it so you get out of a 6 on 1 situation

as in NG3 each enemy had a weakness to a specific combo, thus not allowing you to hit the enemies with other combos.

we know theres 3 new weapons to have 6 weapons total (we all know all there should be way more if the game wants to be diverse), Dual swords. and im guessing, Lunar and Flails/nunchucks.

New Ninpo: (3 total)

Fire ninpo and wind ninpo. and im guessing Void ninpo in main game. They most likely took the Nuke Dragon out because it made the whole game stupid easy and you were forced to do it if you wanted to survive. Now, will we get health from these ninpo after killing people most likely. but wouldn't that be almost the same as if the dragon was still there, because any player would obviously choose the ninpo that has the most benefits. Not saying that the others are useless but look at it like this.

Fire - kills 3-5 enemies on screen (just an assumption), get health back
Wind - de-limbs all enemies on screen and you can then press Y to finish them. No health but fills the ninpo meter for each kill on de-limb enemies
Void - kills all enemies/massive damage to some. get health only for killed enemy.

which would you choose? Couldn't you just use the wind and press Y all day fill it up again repeat? on higher difficulties, couldn't you just choose the fire and heal each fight just like the nuke dragon?
Also, in NG3 they disabled ninpo on some parts, so what would be the point if you cant use what you've earned?

Upgraded AI?: (yeah right)

(huge question mark because this is the core of my hate towards Hayashi), its not just about newer enemies on higher difficulties, its about the enemies actually being hard to fight, not just bull**** oh you are grabbed so you are dead. We all know playing ninja trial, if we get grabbed by the gorilla thing we just die on purpose and restart. cause IT TOOK MORE HEALTH FROM YOU THAN A BOSS. And every fight being RAARRAGGH, RAARRAGGH, RAARRAGGH (grab sound), F U hayashi.
So i dont believe this for a second unless proven. Im sure his "upgrade" means enemies can now kamakaze.

De-limb:

Quote from Hayashi "cutting and enemy into piece makes them just a thing" (NG3)
"we feel blood was inappropriate cause we are going for a sleeker feel" (NGS2)

dont get it wrong, but De-limbing doesn't make NG. BUT, de-limbing allows more diverse enemy control, they do different things and the player must approach differently to deal with it. thats what De-limbing is about. oh and it looks cool and realistic.
Hayashi: well steal on bone is very realistic cause slicing an enemy deep wont cut their limb off.

New enemy types and stages:

we can only hope.........that its enough to make the game better. Then again nothing can make this game worse
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#2youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 3:39:33 PM
upgrade system:

Cool, nice, great, amazing. But theres one problem i have with this and those who played NGS2 know what im talking about. Will it be limited where you can only get a certain upgrade after a certain point in the game as opposed to NG2 where you can upgrade to the highest as long as you have the money for it.
The problem is that if its like NGS2, wouldn't that be the same as NG3 where you just unlock a new combo for getting to a new chapter?
Also i notice the dragon sword is on the upgrade menu, but wouldn't it upgrade automatically throughout the game making it's upgradable useless?
---
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#3youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2012 4:02:54 PM
Old things that wont make the game feel new at all:

Steel on bone:

wouldn't this take away from the game feeling "new", when you can still just use the scythe and murder everything on screen. I understand thats their whole concept for the game but wasn't "we want to focus on the dragon sword" their concept as well and they broke it anyway. So why not just break the whole concept together and just make NG, well NG.
COMBO FREEDOM IS ALL I ASK FOR!!!!

OT's being extremely forced onto the player:

this right here, is the death of gameplay thus the death of Ninja Gaiden. And this is the reason i think the WiiU version will be no different from NG3(aside from added stuff). no matter what you did in NG3, you HAD to press the Y button to finish off the enemy. you could be fighting someone and the game will slide hayabusa to a crawling enemy just to finish him.

Izuna Drops DONT KILL NOTHING. I know the whole izuna drop everything to win is stale and they wanted players to avoid that, but guess what, in NG2 it was so diverse you didnt need to, Sure you could be the UT master and own all but you didnt NEED to. Izuna drops need to kill again, end of story.

This game needs to not be slash slash slash slash slash Y wait Y, slice slice slice Y wait Y, flying swallow wait Y. NO NO NO NO!!!!

its needs to be more like NG2 where you OT only on de-limbed enemies, but again, since Steel on bone is forced on us, which obviously would make a de-limb, which would then force us to OT. ITS STILL THE SAME LAME THING OVER AGAIN!!!!

thats why i feel steel on bone needs to be removed and you need to be able to kill an enemy without being forced to finish them.
---
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#4NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 8/21/2012 8:58:25 PM
Agree 100% with the last statement. Ninpo, UT and SOB aside, Ryu was too weak in part 3 when it took too many hits just to take out a regular enemy.

I expect someone like Ayane needing to land many hits to kill an enemy with her weak attacks and fast multi-hit fighting style, but Ryu who is suppose to be a powerhouse? What the hell were you smoking Team Ninja!

How the hell did Ryu go from taking only seconds to murder hordes of enemies in NG1 and NG2, to struggling just take out a couple of hired terrorist in NG3?
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.
#5dybyhandsPosted 8/21/2012 10:43:23 PM(edited)
6 new weapons? Hm. I really cant judge without playing. But, its a step in the right direction. Where did you get all this info?
---
My other signature is better... I promise.
#6syaoran-kunPosted 8/22/2012 1:50:11 AM
youngbro posted...

its needs to be more like NG2 where you OT only on de-limbed enemies, but again, since Steel on bone is forced on us, which obviously would make a de-limb, which would then force us to OT. ITS STILL THE SAME LAME THING OVER AGAIN!!!!

thats why i feel steel on bone needs to be removed and you need to be able to kill an enemy without being forced to finish them.

SoB is a grab-counter now and it doesn't de-limb, it kills and doesn't happen mid-combo so OT's are not forced. The main thing making it forced to OT everything was that both S and T (screw your combo's! You only get to OT everything....) would iniate it which has been changed back to only T.

I've seen the WiiU gameplay sofar and people have been killing stuff without being forced to "finish" them. The only thing that is still "forced" in a way is that while I really like being able to cancel combo's into UT's, it also means that if you want to preserve your UT you can't use charge combo's >.<

In short: SoB is now a separate mechanic that doesn't interfere with combo's and for the rest the gameplay is mostly back to being like Sigma 2 (which is a good thing offcourse).

PS

A.I. has been improved. More focus on combo's then grabs from what I've seen and the enemies have a few new attacks.
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#7youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:57:33 PM
dybyhands posted...
6 new weapons? Hm. I really cant judge without playing. But, its a step in the right direction. Where did you get all this info?

i meant 6 weapons total sry, 3 new weapons
---
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#8youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 3:01:51 PM
syaoran-kun posted...
youngbro posted...

SoB is a grab-counter now and it doesn't de-limb, it kills and doesn't happen mid-combo so OT's are not forced. The main thing making it forced to OT everything was that both S and T (screw your combo's! You only get to OT everything....) would iniate it which has been changed back to only T.

I've seen the WiiU gameplay sofar and people have been killing stuff without being forced to "finish" them. The only thing that is still "forced" in a way is that while I really like being able to cancel combo's into UT's, it also means that if you want to preserve your UT you can't use charge combo's >.<

In short: SoB is now a separate mechanic that doesn't interfere with combo's and for the rest the gameplay is mostly back to being like Sigma 2 (which is a good thing offcourse).

PS

A.I. has been improved. More focus on combo's then grabs from what I've seen and the enemies have a few new attacks.

thank god, SOB is not forced, also if it doesn't de-limb, is it an insta-kill? And what about the flying swallow?

As for the A.I. i cant say anything until i see the hardest difficulty (UN was dumb IMO cause master ninja was enough) because the A.I. is supposed to act differently. Again no you get grabbed and you dead A.I., a decent tough A.I. that actually makes the palyer learn
---
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#9syaoran-kunPosted 8/22/2012 10:57:25 PM
youngbro posted...
syaoran-kun posted...
youngbro posted...

PS

thank god, SOB is not forced, also if it doesn't de-limb, is it an insta-kill? And what about the flying swallow?

As for the A.I. i cant say anything until i see the hardest difficulty (UN was dumb IMO cause master ninja was enough) because the A.I. is supposed to act differently. Again no you get grabbed and you dead A.I., a decent tough A.I. that actually makes the palyer learn

Yup, SoB is insta-kill now as it cuts people in half. The enemies have different speeds on their red glowing grabs (the ones you can SoB counter), so it's a question of having fast enough reflexes and whether or not you wanna risk getting grabbed in exchange for an SoB chain.

Flying Swallow is back to it's headchopping old self ^^

V All the changes sofar:

http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-wii-u-it-doesnt-suck/

V trailer with DCTF and SoB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0YRUYWoDKo&list=PLA9F5E0FB565F179E&index=1&feature=plcp
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#10youngbro(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 1:16:23 PM
To me it looked like he still had to OT things alot, Also you still can continous SOB the enemies
---
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr