I care about truly controlling Ryu. I want to choose his actions.

#1GradyHooverPosted 9/6/2012 7:59:57 AM
For example, when that guy early in Stage 1 begs you to let him go? You should be allowed to walk away. The game shouldn't force you to make choices you wouldn't actually make.

If they fix that, I'll happily be on-board for this update to NG3.
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#2syaoran-kunPosted 9/6/2012 10:21:01 PM
GradyHoover posted...
For example, when that guy early in Stage 1 begs you to let him go? You should be allowed to walk away. The game shouldn't force you to make choices you wouldn't actually make.

If they fix that, I'll happily be on-board for this update to NG3.

All that has been fixed, according to people who played it Ryu controls like he should, recovery frames improved, no more S and T both doing OT's, free-flow combat returns etc.

The gameplay is fixed, just the question remains if the game itself is getting a fix as it needs one too...
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#3GradyHoover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 5:03:03 AM

All that has been fixed, according to people who played it Ryu controls like he should, recovery frames improved, no more S and T both doing OT's, free-flow combat returns etc.

But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the fact that they force you to kill that guy or else you can't advance, even though it's presented as something you control...
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#4syaoran-kunPosted 9/7/2012 11:47:39 PM
GradyHoover posted...

But that's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the fact that they force you to kill that guy or else you can't advance, even though it's presented as something you control...

That's why I said it's still unknown if the game itself is getting a fix...

PS

Don't count on it!
---
PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#5NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 9/9/2012 4:37:05 PM
I doubt it, unless somebody complained about it enough to Hayashi and Team Ninja, like they did with the gameplay.
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.
#6Gen2000Posted 9/9/2012 11:16:24 PM
The whole point of that scene was supposed to be more about how it "felt" to be Ryu not that you had a choice in the matter.

The whole motto of NG3 from Hayashi was "feel of the sword/steel on bone" and "Dark Hero", either Ryu was going to cut that goon regardless.

The more important things such as OTs not being all screwy is what I thought this thread title was originally talking about lol.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....