Ryu Hayabusa's chances of appearing in Smash Bros.

#1GameKing59Posted 9/23/2012 3:15:17 PM
As you all know, Ninja Gaiden 3 is coming to the Wii U as Razor's Edge. From the looks of things, this is gonna fix up all the problems the original version made, as well as add a few things as rereleases and ports tend to do.

Well, recently, a thought occurred to me. Perhaps since Ninja Gaiden 3 is on the Wii U, Nintendo may include Ryu as a playable character in the upcoming Smash Bros. game.

It makes sense when you think about it. When was the last time a Ninja Gaiden game was on a Nintendo console that wasn't a handheld? 1991 with Ninja Gaiden III: The Ancient Ship of Doom. Sure, we got Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword on the DS in 2008, but still, all of the major Ninja Gaiden games came out on the XBox. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge marks, to me, the first time in over TWO DECADES that a Ninja Gaiden game was released on a Nintendo console. When you think about it, that would be a pretty good reason to include Ryu Hayabusa as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U.
#2Valkerion757Posted 9/23/2012 5:09:22 PM
Dosnt make sense.
---
PSN: Valkerion7 (KoF13:Benimaru, Shen, Daimon ) (BBCS: Litchi/Valkenhayn) ~ (SSF4: Rose/Makoto)~ (GG: Anji, I-No)
XBL: ValkerionSeven (Same games as PS3)
#3GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 5:17:28 PM
Why not? This is the first Ninja Gaiden game on a Nintendo home console since 1991. Having Ryu Hayabusa appear in Smash Bros. Wii U would be a good way to commemorate this event.
#4lowuwPosted 9/23/2012 5:40:49 PM
That would be awesome if Ryu was in Smash.
#5GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 5:47:58 PM
Indeed.:) What do you think his stage would be?
#6SnackasaurusPosted 9/23/2012 5:57:58 PM
I can see them adding the NES Ryu Hayabusa since Tecmo and Nintendo are buddy buddy and Ryu is already in Playstation All Stars.
#7GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 6:26:27 PM
I figure they'll add NES Ryu as an alternate skin, like Daisy is for Peach in Smash Bros.
#8youngbroPosted 9/23/2012 8:00:08 PM
Smash bros doesn't need anymore characters with a sword, IMO
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#9NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 9/23/2012 11:14:14 PM
I've wanting to see Ryu Hayabusa in Smash Bros. for a long time.

I imagine his play style similar to Pokemon Trainer, only instead of changing Pokemon, Ryu would change weapons and ninpo.

Plus there are so many awesome NES NG music to remix:

http://youtu.be/PHOQZ4-uYvU?t=10s

I'm all for him being in the next Smash Bros.
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.
#10SazukeEXPosted 9/24/2012 5:00:29 AM
Makes no sense and he's too bloody. Not even Snake gets covered in that much blood and gore.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)