Ryu Hayabusa's chances of appearing in Smash Bros.

#11dybyhandsPosted 9/24/2012 6:14:24 AM
Snackasaurus posted...
Ryu is already in Playstation All Stars.

No hes not. There is speculation over an obvious photoshop image... But, he has not been announced for that game.
---
My other signature is better... I promise.
#12GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 7:36:36 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Makes no sense and he's too bloody. Not even Snake gets covered in that much blood and gore.

I already explained why he would be a good choice in the first post of this topic. Plus, as bloody as his games are, the bloodiness of his games doesn't need to carry over to Smash Bros. I mean, a lot of the characters in the game attack in ways that could cause a lot of bloodshed, but there isn't any.
#13dybyhandsPosted 9/24/2012 8:51:35 AM
I forgot to say in my post above, I would love for Hayabusa to be in the Smash Bros game. I have never played one. But, would prolly get it if it had characters I liked.
---
My other signature is better... I promise.
#14SazukeEXPosted 9/24/2012 9:40:42 AM
GameKing59 posted...
SazukeEX posted...
Makes no sense and he's too bloody. Not even Snake gets covered in that much blood and gore.

I already explained why he would be a good choice in the first post of this topic. Plus, as bloody as his games are, the bloodiness of his games doesn't need to carry over to Smash Bros. I mean, a lot of the characters in the game attack in ways that could cause a lot of bloodshed, but there isn't any.

And that still doesn't change that he's a bad pick and has far less of a chance than more deserving characters that will benefit Nintendo. Ninja Gaiden isn't becoming a Wii exclusive after all, Snake only got in because Kojima asked really hard despite Metal Gear being a Sony brand for the most part still.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#15GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 11:29:55 AM
I decided that Ryu would be a good pick because of Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge coming to the Wii U. It's the first Ninja Gaiden game to be released on a major Nintendo console since 1991 with Ninja Gaiden III:The Ancient Ship of Doom. Having Ryu appear in the next Super Smash Bros. game would be, IMO, a good way to commemorate this event.
#16NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 9/24/2012 11:36:03 AM
SazukeEX posted...

You do know he's in Dead or Alive and Orochi Warriors 3, and those are not bloody games.
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.
#17NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 9/24/2012 1:53:08 PM(edited)
I imagine Ryu's stage in Smash Bros. would consist of platforming while eagles fly at you. It would have to be the hardest level in the game, and make fans rage like only NG can.

Found this hilarious fake video of Ryu Hayabusa in Smash Bros. Brawl.

http://youtu.be/Y_6Tce_9sPQ

Takes me back, my team of Samus, Link, Donkey Kong and Pokemon Trainer was okay, would have been way more awesome with Ryu on it, I would plug in my Wii and play Brawl again right now if Ryu was in it. Hopefully Nintendo will put him in the next Smash Bros. especially now that they are buddies with Team Ninja.
---
#18XeroShinobiPosted 9/24/2012 3:13:37 PM
youngbro posted...
Smash bros doesn't need anymore characters with a sword, IMO

The best thing about Ryu being in Smash is that he doesn't necessarily have to be a sword character. Lots of possibilities. Nintendo could easily make him use the Lunar Staff or something, would be interesting to see.
---
Currently playing: not much
#19GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 3:32:39 PM
Indeed. Ryu could very well use his scythe.
#20NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 9/24/2012 6:29:15 PM
Even if Ryu only uses a sword, he is still unique since he will be the only character using a katana and in a Japanese style, while Link, Ganondorf, Roy, Marth, and Metaknight all use claymores in a western style.
---