Ryu Hayabusa's chances of appearing in Smash Bros.

#31GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2012 5:54:21 PM
I would like Ninja Gaiden Z to come to the Wii U as well. I figure it would be doable if they're making Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge on the Wii U.
#32magiciandudePosted 10/1/2012 3:45:09 PM
Considering how Nintendo and Tecmo Koei have been collaborating games recently, I can see it happening.
#33Nok_Su_KowPosted 10/2/2012 3:40:00 PM
Let's put Bayonetta in there too, while we're at it. No harm there, right?
#34GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 11:09:04 AM
Say, if Ryu gets into Smash Bros., what do you think his move set would be?
#35RaengPosted 10/5/2012 11:26:45 AM
Well, one must remember that Ryu made his mainstream debut on the NES, a Nintendo Console. So it's technically possible.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#36Darth XelleonPosted 10/6/2012 12:23:34 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632937-super-smash-bros-3ds/62027121/697376078
---
Official Rydia's Husband of GameFAQs
My 3DS FC is in my profile, PM me to be friends or to just beat each other up online.
#37GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2012 10:32:36 AM
Thanks for that, Dark Xelleon. I had a few ideas myself.

Standard B:Shurikens (tap repeatedly to throw multiple shurikens, hold down to charge up an attack to allow you to throw multiple shurikens.

Smash B:Scythe swipe.

I know it's not much, but it's what I got so far for Ryu.
#38NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 10/11/2012 4:51:23 AM(edited)
Here's mine, though I originally thought of multi weapons and DOA hand to hand attacks, but decided to stick with the Dragon Sword because it would take too much time.

Costume: Default would be Ryu's Legendary Black Falcon outfit with NES, Fiend and DOA as alternative costumes.

Special Abilities: Ryu is able to glide by holding up after a jump though he would fall at a faster rate than gliding characters, this can end in a falcon dive attack. He can also wall cling and flying bird flip as his wall jump.

Attack: Sword slash, repeatedly pressing will do 2 more slashes and his thunderclap kick move from NG1.

Up Attack: Ryu does his air launcher move, if the move connects the player can rapid tap the attack button a few more times to do Ryu's mid air combo and Izuna Drop.

Forword Attack: Ryu does his violent gale move (Dash Slash with after image that goes through an enemy), pressing attack again will do another violent gale up to 2 more times.

Down Attack: Slide Kick move that flips light-medium enemies over Ryu.

Attack While Dashing: Flying ******* Swallow, pressing attack again will go into his Flock of Swallows move adding up to 2 more Flying Swallows.

Midair Attack: An aerial slash, if connects to an opponent, the player can multi tap the attack button to aerial combo into an Izuna Drop.

Up Midair Attack: Ryu slashes upwards.

Forward Midair Attack: Ryu does his falcon dive move from NG3.

Down Midair Attack: Ryu does his skull splitter attack (powerful downward attack while in midair or wall)

Forword Smash: Ryu slashes the air and creates a short distance wind blade similar to the sword extension upgrade from the NES NG3.

Up Smash: Ryu does a windmill slash similar to the NES NG1 ninpo that killed bosses in one hit if timed correctly.

Down Smash: Ryu does a shadow slash and backs away followed by 3 shadow clones appearing and slashing before disappearing.

Grab: Normal grab, can Steel on Bone slash while enemy is held.

Up Grab: Ryu grabs an opponent, knocks them into the air, teleports up and Izuna Drops just like in DOA.

Forward Grab: Ryu does his famous Guillotine Throw.

Back Grab: Ryu does his backwards feet flip throw from DOA.

Down Grab: Ryu does his headlock slam from DOA.

Special: Throws a shuriken, can be rapid tap to throw multiple shurikens.

Hold Special: Ryu charges up, once fully charged press again and Ryu will do his Piercing Void ninpo (black hole version of the hadouken), can go through multiple enemies like in NG2.

Up Special: Ryu teleports, ending in a slash attack when he appears.

Forward Special: Throws a windmill shuriken that returns like a boomerang.

Down Special: Originally was my change weapon move similar to change Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer, but since I don't feel like listing different moves for different weapon, this will either be Wind Blades, Inazuma, Fire wheel or some kind of crowd control ninpo. Take your pick.

Final Smash: Ryu transforms into a giant Fire Dragon, flies around and devours opponents.

That's all for now.
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.
#39GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2012 1:20:38 PM
Nice moveset. Personally, I thought his up B would be this move that he does at 0:40 in this video. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSBqRXcKLN4
#40NinjaPwnageRedoPosted 10/15/2012 10:03:08 PM
Thanks, I also like the 360 spin attack, too bad can't have both. But if I had to chose I'd still stick with the teleporting attack as Ryu's up b attack, because Link already has a similar 360 spin attack as his up b attack and Ryu's teleporting attack would be a nod to Ryu's new technique exclusive to Razor's Edge, the cicada surge.
---
NinjaPwnage + Redo = Because I lost my account.