The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

What are good combos for Ayane?

#1syaoran-kunPosted 1/20/2013 10:57:26 AM
I'm trying to get more effective with her and I'm tired of spamming YYXX for everything xd

Got YYXX for its awesome delimbing and is my main combo for bosses but during the first Regent fight I found YY, >YYYY (the one where she goes all omnislash on the ground) to be more effective. I bet Regent 3 & 4 will rape that combo though >.<

YYYYXXXX has pretty good crowd control and high damage/delimb.

^ that's about all I found really reliable sofar. So anyone got suggestions?
---
WiiU/PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#2OriginalGenPosted 1/20/2013 12:51:17 PM
It's actually YYYXXXX where she spin kicks their arms off.....& please don't insult NG by making FF7 references.

Anywho I find that when faced with slippery enemies launching 3 Kunai into them then rushing into one with a YY-YYYYXYYX Izuna Step usually will kill off 1 or 2 enemies in a group (if yiu go after the one who blew up 3 times) then you'll more often connect with the Step by hitting an enemy you haven't attacked/focused on yet as the group walks around you.
---
Wii U NNID: Vorash_Kadan
#3syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:48:30 AM(edited)
OriginalGen posted...
It's actually YYYXXXX where she spin kicks their arms off.....& please don't insult NG by making FF7 references.

*makes an obscene gesture*

Easiest way to describe the move and I love the FF franchise myself even if FF13 and the sequel are a bit sub-quality compared to the older ones.

Jeez! What is it with this board and attacking people for every little thing? The Sigma 2 board was far more civil to people then this. Haven't had to use the ignore function there ever and here I've done it more then I can remember *shakes head*. Oh yeah, most of the old group is still playing Sigma 2 or just quit altogether...

Okay enough frustration venting for one day.

I've used Izuna Step a couple of times, will look into it with kunai. Anything for the Alchemists? They're the only ones giving me trouble with her.
---
#4iidxmaniaPosted 1/21/2013 9:36:47 AM
Ayane can infinite the boss with the 3 types of arms. Just press Y, wait Y wait Y all the time. If only her first attack comes out, you're doing it right. You can also infinite the Scythe monsters with this.
#5syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 3:13:22 PM
iidxmania posted...
Ayane can infinite the boss with the 3 types of arms. Just press Y, wait Y wait Y all the time. If only her first attack comes out, you're doing it right. You can also infinite the Scythe monsters with this.

A Loveless loop?! Oh yeah! That boss is one I'll have to tackle tomorrow morning, wasn't looking forward to fighting her with Ayane. Thanks a lot!
---
#6HeroBigShadowPosted 1/21/2013 3:34:43 PM
Actually, all the characters can do that. The players will need to hit them until they do their kneeling animation. Once in that state, that boss can be looped.

#7DracozombiePosted 1/21/2013 4:36:53 PM
This has been an on-going oversight by Team Ninja with all modern Ninja Gaiden games. At least one boss is vulnerable to infinite combos, where delaying your attack until the combo is reset and attacking again (before the boss recovers), keeps them in a stun animation for as long as you can keep the pace up.

The Inazuna worms in NG were vulnerable to this with the Flails.
I remember Zedonius being vulnerable to this in NG2, if you stunned him with a flying swallow first.
And now, the Lovelace clones can be looped as well.
---
http://thegaminggab.blogspot.com/
#8Moanin_RoninPosted 1/21/2013 5:32:46 PM(edited)
syaoran-kun posted...
iidxmania posted...

A Loveless loop?! Oh yeah! That boss is one I'll have to tackle tomorrow morning, wasn't looking forward to fighting her with Ayane. Thanks a lot!

I brought this up weeks ago in another thread on fighting bosses syaoran-kun, I'm surprised it's not already in your early draft of Ninja Tricks and Techniques for RE to help out us ninja brothers, but I'm sure it will be now along with whomever else can be looped by her standard Y that hasn't been mentioned ; - )

I'd love a loop for UN Doku, the dude's an insta-auto-blocking tank

her attack works just like in NGS2 how Ayane could loop the Rasetsu back to the ninja graveyard. Same trick works against her Day 6 triplets too. The hidden strengths of the wee kunoichi are truly mysterious.
---
Ganbatte-yo! Ikken hissatsu!!!
Dojo for the Lazy Ninja: http://www.youtube.com/user/M0ANINR0NIN?feature=mhw5
#9syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:16:07 PM
Moanin_Ronin posted...

I brought this up weeks ago in another thread on fighting bosses syaoran-kun, I'm surprised it's not already in your early draft of Ninja Tricks and Techniques for RE to help out us ninja brothers, but I'm sure it will be now along with whomever else can be looped by her standard Y that hasn't been mentioned ; - )

I'd love a loop for UN Doku, the dude's an insta-auto-blocking tank

her attack works just like in NGS2 how Ayane could loop the Rasetsu back to the ninja graveyard. Same trick works against her Day 6 triplets too. The hidden strengths of the wee kunoichi are truly mysterious.

Must have somehow missed it or my terrible memory got the best of me again >.<

Gathering info on Secret Arts for a week now. Almost done with Ayane Hard CC vid recording and then it's time for some loop vids while I take on Master Ninja in preparation for the Momiji Master Ninja CC vids. First order of business is checking which Sigma 2 and NG3 loops can be used in this game.

Youngbro mentioned in the Momiji is god tier! topic that he found a Doku loop with her. Unfortunately he didn't mention what it was and if it works on UN Doku. I'll contact him about that. I think he also mentioned a Volf loop at one point, but not really sure about that.
---
More topics from this board...
update1.4.0nepeon9412/15 4:03PM