The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How for god sake do you beat those alchemists with Kasumi?!

#1syaoran-kunPosted 1/28/2013 4:13:24 AM
Ayane can cheese with UT Izuna spam, but Kasumi...ugh >.<

Nothing I tried keeps them pacified and their bloody dodging renders everything useless, even XX (hold) which worked quite well for DS Ryu if he doesn't have KG yet was ineffective.

If they ever make NG4 I seriously hope they stop with the dodging crap for foes, what's the good of free-flow combat capabilities if you can't hit anything with it!?
---
WiiU/PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#2BurningFlareXPosted 1/28/2013 4:37:32 AM
What TN is doing wrong is making the A.I cheap. Hayashi should stop making cheap-ass A.I to make the games "difficult".
---
<Insert random pointless signature here>
#3DeathReiPosted 1/28/2013 5:12:04 AM
Have you tried fishing for a hit and then following up with her launcher?

EX: X, X, ZL+A > A, Y, Y, Y, >X.

Just try any combo that works for you against them, and follow it up with the ZL+A to air combo drop.

I normally go with - Dash, X, X, X, ZL+A > A, Y, Y, Y, >X - Then as the Alchemist is laying on the ground, I either do - Dash, X, X, ZL+A > A, Y, Y, Y, >X - or go with a full Dash, X string, which sometimes allows me to get another ZL+A launch.

Kills them fairly quick and is pretty safe.

Agreed, the enemy evasions in this game are ridiculous at times. And nothing makes me laugh more than those Alchemist jump attacks, they have absurd tracking properties... you can run away as they jump and then run in a big circle and it will still track you... lol.
#4SnappyznashPosted 1/28/2013 7:39:03 AM
X,X, hold X, release. Works extremely well, will de limb quickly then go in for OT. Works flawless with pretty much all weapons/characters on all difficulties
---
4/ / itchy. tasty
#5thettunhanPosted 1/28/2013 11:13:09 AM
BurningFlareX posted...
What TN is doing wrong is making the A.I cheap. Hayashi should stop making cheap-ass A.I to make the games "difficult".

^ This... That guy has serious problems w balancing the game. TN is no longer the same after Itagaki left.
#6RebornLSPosted 1/28/2013 12:02:07 PM
thettunhan posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

^ This... That guy has serious problems w balancing the game. TN is no longer the same after Itagaki left.

The latest patch has corrected alot of A.I. problems. Dodging more lienient, MN A.I. seem to be improved the most with loops out and counter nulling(i dont know what else to call it) punishment. Making it more of a violent choreograph. Still its no NG2.

I cant comment on UN A.I., my skill isnt there.

You aren't wrong...ex-AM2 left with Itagaki.
#7SnappyznashPosted 1/28/2013 12:14:33 PM
thettunhan posted...
BurningFlareX posted...

Ya know although I fully agree with you, remember vanilla NG2? It was so unpolished and not fair.

Enemies could hit you with incendiary Shuriken during UT I-frames and blocks.

Essence (oh how I miss thee) would randomly abosorb to ryu when guarding.

Essence UTs would sometimes crap out after doing the charge and nothing would happen

Boss grab glitchs like Elizabeth would freeze you up, falling into areas you shouldn't be in forcing a reset... I could think of more if I tried.

But I can see some of this coming from the game being rushed due to the fact that Itagaki was already in a lawsuit with tecmo from DoA4 when it was released, he probably didn't care seeing as how he figured he was leaving the company. My point being, the series will never be balanced like 1 or black again. And every game since has had issues.
---
4/ / itchy. tasty
#8syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:23:28 AM(edited)
Thanks a lot for the responses, been a great help.

After the first 3 days on Master Ninja (maybe learning a new character on Master Ninja was a bad idea xd) I feel Kasumi is kinda like a cross of Ayane and Ryu DS, but a lot better.

YY, >YYY is amazing for delimbing and crowd control. Love that those evasive teleports can target seemingly out of reach opponents. Ukifune is her greatest tool! Alchemists and every other dodging/guarding jerk gets destroyed by it! And YYYXX is great for delimbing the tougher guys like Armored Soldiers and Van Gelfs
She's better then Ayane when it comes to power, SoB reach and she's almost just as fast too. Helps that she has better singular hit combo's as well so she actually has a chance against the bosses.
YYXX worked surprisingly well against the Black Regents, didn't even need to spam UT's O.O

Still trying to find out what her boss slayer combo is and I wonder if there's a reason you can release the charge of Rending Wind early, maybe more power for the sweeping blow?

PS

Not being able to aim Rending Wind upward at choppers... *facepalm*

PSS

What is the point of Kunai Tempest? Sure, it's nice to have 2 UT's for once but it ain't as good as the normal UT and you don't get the 1k and above Karma scores for Red UT Tempest kills...
---
#9syaoran-kun(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 7:57:20 AM
Another thing: her slow mo aim S-U-C-K-S!!!

She refuses to hit the jetpacks of those guys and instead forces me to spend ages throwing projectiles at one single guy!
---
#10Moanin_RoninPosted 1/29/2013 4:31:38 PM
syaoran-kun posted...
Another thing: her slow mo aim S-U-C-K-S!!!

She refuses to hit the jetpacks of those guys and instead forces me to spend ages throwing projectiles at one single guy!

very insightful review, my opinion much mirrors your's, lots to like but a couple of things to hate, why she possesses such a feeble projectile is beyond me, but her melee range, terrific speed, and ease of dismemberment makes for fun use

it's unfortunate that no one has yet discovered some hidden Kasumi gem that make those UN bosses palatable, looks like Momiji is the go-to gal for now
---
Ganbatte-yo! Ikken hissatsu!!!
Dojo for the Lazy Ninja: http://www.youtube.com/user/M0ANINR0NIN?feature=mhw5