list of the latest patch changes (AI and Dodging fixes)

#1RebornLSPosted 2/3/2013 12:06:25 PM
last patch (the one after kasumi...i think 1.2.1) has fixed ALOT of AI problems and changed some other things (online armor is seems to be unlocked by stat milestones not ninja trails anymore)

the main focus: AI and ryu's dodging

I'm wondering what every one has noticed. I just assumed it was a performance patch (like the one released they recently released on NGII for the 360), but began to notice during an Alexei fight; he started staggering back when i hit him (hits interrupt him) and was in shock(no pun intended...well maybe a little)

please give the difficulty level along with the change you saw:

what i have noticed:

-when doing ninpo some enemies (van gelf and terrorist) run for cover(Hard/MN story mode)
-if you charge a UT some enemies back off (Hard/MN)
-pathfinding is alot better( bosses are still iffy)
-bosses will wait for your i-frame moves to end (hard and MN)
-you can now interrupt alexei
-dodging has i-frames or something...i dont have an eye that splits frames that well
-helicopters goes down in 4-5 quickshots (on MN)
-boss fighter jet now cancels and reacts to your attacks (on Hard and MN)
-T-Rex fight is now shorter (on MN)
-T-Rex's charge is no longer a guaranteed hit if you are close and he turns
-Regent is susceptible to guard breaks alot more

i feel like this post is erroneous because I've looked around and NO ONE is mentioning this

either i coincidentally got alot better at the time of the patch and stared noticing the obvious or... they made the game more challenging and less hard. i still get decimated by almost everyone online so i assume its the latter, haha!
#2syaoran-kunPosted 2/3/2013 1:49:56 PM
Noticed a few of these, but nothing you haven't mentioned already. Do want to know what interrupts Alexei because I've tried that tactic awhile ago with long combo's and he just did dodge -> super armor grab...

Quickshots against choppers is interesting, always went for the weakspots so didn't know the amount of shots doesn't differ that much.
---
WiiU/PSN: Kuro-puppy
YT Playlists: http://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaSyao/featured
#3RebornLS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:13:01 PM
syaoran-kun posted...
Noticed a few of these, but nothing you haven't mentioned already. Do want to know what interrupts Alexei because I've tried that tactic awhile ago with long combo's and he just did dodge -> super armor grab...

Quickshots against choppers is interesting, always went for the weakspots so didn't know the amount of shots doesn't differ that much.

By quickshot i meant tap aim then fire. i havent tried blindfire on them. my terminology is all jacked.

lunar is what i used against alexei.
if he started an attack and if hit first he'd stagger back on the first or second quick attack.

spamming X still works against super-alexei.

FYI, i am horrible against alexei.

MN Alexei on Day 7 TOV is what im basing this on.

OH! OH! AND GENSHIN NO LONGER DOES DODGE ON PRIME INTERGER ATTACKS!!! But his pathfinding is worse. when he gets in a corner he starts spinning or your camera starts spazing out.

Alma spams the BEAM THROW alot less. Fighting her on the ground is now possible with out it getting cheap (based on MN TOV)

Marbus is way way less aggressive (based on LEADER 08) and the camera panned really far back for most of the fight
#4rockman11_zPosted 2/5/2013 8:43:13 AM
Does this improve the framrate?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#5HeroBigShadowPosted 2/5/2013 2:07:37 PM
Didn't notice any changes in the latest patch except maybe a small framerate improvement and missiles are able to go through walls. Also enemies dodge more and recover from stun faster. Not sure about Alexei being stunned, but his most annoying move that needs to be fix is his constant dodging. Did managed to defeat Alexei with all the characters, but not going to do it on MN.
You must have played the game many times to notice those changes.

#6RebornLS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:31:34 AM
rockman11_z posted...

A-L-O-T!

for example: the i didn't notice any during the Canna fight
doing ayane's lvl UT doesn't become the slow motion totrure it was

rocket guys fire alot less so that may of been a solution

day 1 is still erradic especially at the first save.
day 3 ambish cugged one or twice

it still chugs where you think it would but only for a few moments, not the full combo or enemy wave like it used to
#7RebornLS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 1:40:49 AM
HeroBigShadow posted...
Didn't notice any changes in the latest patch except maybe a small framerate improvement and missiles are able to go through walls. Also enemies dodge more and recover from stun faster. Not sure about Alexei being stunned, but his most annoying move that needs to be fix is his constant dodging. Did managed to defeat Alexei with all the characters, but not going to do it on MN.
You must have played the game many times to notice those changes.

my wiiu game pad doesnt work, the store switched my broken one for an out of the box new gamepad which my console thinks is a second controller. so i traded mine back in for a new one, back in again to get my old one back since saves are locked to one console

long story short: i played RE upto-date then RE 2.0 then RE up-to-date again within the span of a day.

..at least my pro-controller works with every thing. thats what im stuck with
#8rockman11_zPosted 2/6/2013 11:06:47 AM
RebornLS posted...
rockman11_z posted...

A-L-O-T!

it still chugs where you think it would but only for a few moments, not the full combo or enemy wave like it used to

So the framrate is like Sigma 1 quality?
---
Previous rank 5 all time in the world Capture the Leader/Guardian Gears of War 3. Official fiancee of Naoto Shirogane( it's canon too)
#9RebornLS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:03:37 PM
rockman11_z posted...
RebornLS posted...
rockman11_z posted...

A-L-O-T!

So the framrate is like Sigma 1 quality?

i've played alot of Sigma+ lately which is 30 frames... i cant give an opinion on sigma. i played sigma in 09 and not since then. In RE the frame consistancy seems to differ greatly between MN and Hard. MN seems a lot more polished, which you'd think the oppisite.

you can PM me and ask me for things(frames got so bad it hindered replay) that pissed you off about NG3 the difference if it isn't too much work

CORRECTION:

corection on Genshin, i said he didn't do the dodge on a prime integer. i meant dodge on an even interger. he still has the pattern on some difficulties. sorry